Who Works Better: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer V/s Nivea After Shave Balm
I have been not been into primers until I came across Nivea After Shave Balm and now I am obsessed with these. And because my love for the primer I finally decided to give this mst expensive product in my vanity a try and its none other than the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. So we are going to compare one of the most expensive and one of the most affordable face primers today and will see who wins this war for me.. .
Product Claims: This silky, weightless and multipurpose primer goes beyond traditional formulations by concealing redness, minimizing the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles, and shielding skin with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 protection. In addition, it repels water to keep your make up looking freshly applied all day long.
- Extends the durability of any foundation or powder.
- Minimizes the appearance of visible pores, fine lines and imperfections.
- Conceals redness (even rosacea) to create an even skin tone.
- The weightless formula is not greasy, tacky, pearlized and it won’t ball up
- The unique texture is fluid, airy, silky and cushiony.
- Offers Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with mineral-derived physical sunscreens, Titanium and Zinc Oxide.
- Free from Parabens, Fragrance, Sulfates, Nanoparticles, Oil, Phthalates, Gluten, Synthetic Dyes, Not tested on animals
Direction for Use:-
- Apply ½ to 1 pump of Veil Mineral Primer to clean, moisturized skin prior to concealer, foundation and powder application.
- Works with any cream, liquid and powder foundation.
Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hexyl Laurate, Isododecane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Stearic Acid.
Price: $18 for 8.95 ml ( Hella expensive.. :P)
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer V/S Nivea After Shave Balm
Packaging: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer comes in a frosted glass packaging with a pump dispenser which makes it quite easy and hygienic to use while Nivea After Shave Balm comes in an opaque glass packaging and a plastic cap.
- Look wise I like Nivea After Shave Balm better but Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is much more convenient and hygienic to use.
Texture: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is a medium-thick white colored cream while Nivea After Shave Balm has a thin runny consistency, almost like a runny white colored lotion.
- Nivea After Shave Balm is much more easier to apply and blend into the skin
Formula: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is more mattifying and doesn’t feel hydrating at all while Nivea After Shave Balm has more of a hydrating feel and gives a soft dewy finish to the skin
- Nivea After Shave Balm wins for me as I have a dry skin and I love dewy finishes
Performace: Coming to the main part the Makeup Appliccation and staying power with the primers.
- Pores: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer does do a good job at pore filling and making my skin look smoother while Nivea After Shave Balm does that partially.
- Finish: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer gives a very matte finish to the skin and feel it does take me a little longer to blend my foundation over this primer and also give a slight white cast initially though it disappears in a while but Nivea After Shave Balm works like a charm to give a soft dewy finish and make the foundation glides easily gives the most undetectable skin like finish to it.
- Staying: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer does just a wee bee better than Nivea After Shave Balm in this department.
Overall, I feel if you have Super- Oily Skin and large pores you might like Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer over Nivea After Shave Balm for its better oil controlling abilities, blurring pores and mattifying finish but for the price and everything else put together Nivea After Shave Balm is a total winner for me. It is one of the best primer for Dry Skin.
Winner: Nivea After Shave Balm
Have you tried Nivea After Shave Balm Or Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer? Which is your favorite Primer?