Top 10 Most Stylish Sportswomen of India
India as a nation is consistently evolving. Today, girls within the country stand as tall as men and make the state proud on many international platforms. One such platform for our women has been sports. Whereas they steal the thunder at sporting events as well, these women ensure they look their best during the play too.
So today we’re going to share our list of the Top 10 Most Stylish Sportswomen of India, who on one hand makes us proud as a nation and then kill it with their style too.
Top 10 Most Stylish Sportswomen of India:
1.Saina Nehwal, Badminton- Here is the most anticipated heart-throb of the country – Saina Nehwal. Ranked second by the badminton World Federation, Saina received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest honor for achievement in sports and also became the 1st Indian winner of the world junior badminton Championships. She also made an appearance in the Hyderabad Fashion Week.
2. Sharmila Nicollet, Golf- Her stunning looks and her charismatic persona make her one of the most stylish sports women in India. She is also the youngest Indian golf player to qualify for Ladies European Tour (LET). She has won eleven times on the Women’s Golf Association of India tour. Her snappy fashion sense and her skills will definitely act as a bait to draw the youngsters to the sport.
3. Sania Mirza, Tennis- With her endearing beauty and stupefied charm, she is among the most stunning sports ladies. She began playing tennis at the age of six and rose to fame when she visited the third round of the Australian Open in 2005. Sania has also been awarded with Arjuna Award. She also participated in the 2016 Rio Olympics in two categories. She is certainly, the most successful and beautiful Indian female jock and continues to be the eminent face of Indian Tennis. And yes, one the Most Stylish Sportswomen of India
4. Dipika Pallikal, Squash- Dipika is a fabulous squash player from Chennai who is the first Indian to break into the top 10 in the PSA Women’s rankings. She competed in her 1st international tournament when she was in the sixth grade. She has won the German Open, Dutch Open, Australian Open and Scottish Open, French Open. She conjointly has modeling contract with Globus Ltd. and been face of many glamour magazines. She became a distinguished face of Indian Squash at the young age of twenty-two.
5. Tania Sachdev, Chess- Beauty with brains is the combination with Tania Sachdev. She won her first international title when she was a mere 8 years old and there was no looking back for her ever since. She currently holds the FIDE titles of International Master and Woman Grandmaster. She also has the famed Arjuna Award to her name. Her innocent appearance, adorable smile definitely makes her one of the most stylish sportswomen in India.
6. Sonika Kaliraman, Wrestling- Sonika is the only feminine wrestler who has represented India in the Asian Games. She is also the first Indian to have won the title of Bharat Kesari. Sonika grew up in capital of India where she was trained by her father, the legendary wrestler Master Chandgi Ram. Sonika is proud to belong to a family of wrestlers. Sonika isn’t solely born with charming appearance however also with a talent in wrestling
7. Jwala Gutta, Badminton- Jwala Gutta, known as the Queen of Controversy may be a badminton ace of Chinese-Indian origin but is also quite a charmer. She has won the National badminton Championship seven times. She is also known amongst her fans because of her dynamism, pleasant persona and agility. Her sense of style along with her strong game definitely makes her one of the stylish sports women in India.
8. Akanksha Singh, Basketball- Akanksha has been a member of the India Women’s National basketball team since 2004 and is currently the captain of the team. Her agility and her skills make her one of the best ball handlers of the country. And as if that wasn’t enough, its delight to watch her play. Her adorable looks and her talent definitely put her on the list of one of the most stylish sportswomen in India.
9. Bombayla Devi Laishram, Archery- Born in Imphal Manipur, this North Indian beauty has been representing India at International Archery events since 2007. She looked quite adorable while she participated in the 2016 Rio Olympics. Her team with two other sportswomen finished 7th in the ranking round in the Olympics.
10. Heena Sidhu, Shooting- Heena Sidhu is the first Indian Pistol Shooter who is ranked World No. 1 by ISSF and won a gold medal in the 2013 ISSF World Cup Finals. She not only shoots with the rifle but her looks can make anyone on the stands drop dead. She also participated in the 2016 Rio Olympics and was ranked 14 in the Women’s 10m air pistol.
So, this was our take on the Top 10 Most Stylish Sportswomen of India. These women have represented India on many International platforms and I’m sure they’ll continue to make us proud.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Our precious stars Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu secured a bronze and silver medal respectively in the 2016 Summer Olympics and returned home with their head held high. So proud of them.
Author: Pushpa Bhaskar