Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss – Cranberry Cocktail
Today I am review another lip gloss from Maybelline Color Sensational range the “Cranberry Cocktail”. I bought it along with Maybelline Color Sensational Hooked on Pink lip gloss in my Maybelline Shopping Haul.
- Sophisticated color and shine
- Lips feel luxuriously soft and supple with nourishing honey nectar
Direction for Use:- Use the wand to apply lip gloss starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to outer edges of your lips, following the contour of your mouth. Follow the same technique for your bottom lip.
- Available in 10 beautiful shades
- Cranberry Cocktail
- Hooked on Pink
- Raspberry Sorbet
- Wine All Mine
- Touch of Toffee
- Broadway Bronze
Price:- Rs.260 for 6.8 ml
Shelf Life:- 30 months from the Mfg. date.
Packaging:- The lip gloss comes in transparent rectangular plastic bottle with a silver metallic handle. The bottle is pretty long and comes with an equally long applicator. The applicator has soft spongy tip (doe-foot) which picks up decent amount of gloss. The applicator locks downright with the bottle and leaves absolutely no space for the gloss liquid to escape the bottle. These long sleek bottles look really tempting.
My experience with Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss – Cranberry Cocktail:
Cranberry Cocktail is a beautiful deep red colored lip gloss with fine specks of multi colored shimmers. It is more of a cool toned red that comes up as a bright berry red color on lips. I was happy to see that it doesn’t have any orange or maroon undertones unlike other reds.
Coverage:- The lip gloss is amazingly pigmented and the simple doe-foot applicator does a decent job in applying the gloss nicely over the lips. The lip gloss can be layered for a more shine and coverage but it doesn’t feels sticky even after that.
Finish:- The lip gloss gives a true glossy finish which isn’t shimmery or frosty. Though it contains shimmers but they are highly understated and are barely visible on lips. Shimmers just work as mini-reflectors that add more shine to the lips.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Staying:- The staying power is pretty good as it lasted for 3-4 hours easily on me and even after that it left a pretty pinkish red stain on my lips.
LOTD:- In pics it looking a bit lighter but in person it looks a beautiful shade of red.
Pros of Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss – Cranberry Cocktail:-
- Sturdy and leak-proof packaging
- See through packaging makes them easy to carry and select.
- Extremely pigmented formula and works for pigmented lips too
- Contains multi-colored shimmers but not over the top
- Light and non-sticky texture which applies easily with the applicator
- Moisturizing to the lips and dry lips can easily skip the balm underneath
- Mild fruity smell
- The doe-foot applicator does a good job for even application
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Available in 10 beautiful shades
Cons of Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss – Cranberry Cocktail:-
- Maybelline has hiked their price to Rs.300 but still they are the best in this price range
- I love their packaging but the shade label is printed in the smallest available font and also no brand information is available on the tube other than the price tag.
- Lip-glosses have a lesser staying and the same holds true for this too but I am not complaining
Recommendation: – Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss – Cranberry Cocktail is a gorgeous cool-toned red lip gloss with extremely fine shimmers. It is much better pigmented then Hooked on Pink and gives an opaque finish in 2 coats. The lip gloss gives luscious shine to the lips and they appear so juicy like I have brushed some fresh cranberries over them. Wait no more to get those yummylicious Red lips.
If you are confused over choosing a red lipstick or scared of wearing Reds try this Cranberry Cocktail lip gloss. It can be worn lightly to get a hint of red or builded up to its full intensity for sizzling red hot lips. The color will suit all skin tones as it gives lovely looking red color to the lips which doesn’t look OTT. Color Sensational Lip glosses are the best lip glosses with their deeply pigmented and light-weight formula. Definitely a must have
Have you tried Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss – Cranberry Cocktail? Which is you favorite Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss?