Maybelline CLEARGLOW Shine-Free BB Stick – Fawn Review
Since, the day of its launch I have been itching to get my hands on it and finally I got it in my possession. So, today I will be reviewing teh much talked about Maybelline CLEARGLOW BB Stick in Fawn.
Product Claims: Why You’ll Love It – Flawless, radient skin + 12hr shine control + 8 benefits in just 1 step!
- Mineral clay formula guarantees 12hr shine control.
- Contains Saliccylic acid to manage combination & oily skin.
- Provides a soft, matte and radient finish.
- Sweat-resistant and sebum – resistant formula leaves skin fresh all day.
- Hides appearance of pores & imperfection.
- Contains SPF 21/PA+++ that protects skin from sun damage.
- Instantly evens skin tone.
- Provides a power-light feel on skin.
- Easy to use
- Dermatologist Tested
- Wont clog pores
- Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
- ALLERGY TESTED
- SUITABLE FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN
Direction for Use:- Expert Tips On How to apply BB Stick –
- Swipe BB Stick on your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin.
- Blend in an outward direction towards hairline and jawline using quick, short strokes.
- Finally, you could also apply a little Kajal and Lip Balm for a great natural look.
Price:- Rs.250 for 10gm
Shelf Life:- 30 months from the Mfg date.
Shade Available :-
- Fawn (Dark)
- Radiance (Light)
Packaging:- As the name indicates Maybelline BB stick comes in a bullet form with a twist up packaging. The chubby BB Stick has a light turquoise blue packaging and a glass cap with a transparent top to exhibit the shade of the stick. The tube is fatter than a regular lipstick but super easy to travel with.
My experience with Maybelline CLEARGLOW BB Stick – Fawn:-
BB Stick looks like a foundation condensed in a bullet form but it’s much lighter texture-wise. It has a silky soft texture just like mousse foundation which slips nicely over the skin without any tugging. I just need to swipe it gently in small strokes over cheeks, forehead and problem area’s like nose corners, acne marks and blend it out with finger tips. The formula blends amazing well and gives a smooth coverage with the slightest effort. The coverage is somewhere between light to medium coverage foundation as it easily hides the slight pigmentation and covers the redness around the nose corners to some extent. Coverage can be builded up with the next layer of BB stick, so swipe and blend it again for enhanced coverage.
The shade Fawn doesn’t match my skin but 2-3 shades darker than my natural skin tone which gives me a slightly tanned look but I like how smooth and even it makes my skin look. It reduces the appearance of pores which gives a smoother look and adds a subtle glow but doesn’t look shiny unlike Garnier BB cream. It settles down to an almost matte finish which is bliss for Oily Skin but must be followed with a loose or pressed powder to keep it in place as it does gets transferred to the phone screens if held closer to the cheeks.
It turns flaky on my dry skin but works well when applied over well moisturised skin, so don’t skip the moisturization step before applying this BB stick. It stays wonderfully well on me and doesn’t turn my face or even T-Zone shiny even after a full day (7-8 hours) wear. It also contains SPF 21 and PA+++ sun protection, so you can easily skip on your sunscreen.
I have used as an under eye concealer too but on my oily lids it starts creasing and settles into the lines by 2-3 hours, so I would suggest not to use it for under eye area.
Overall, I am quite fond of this BB stick which is perfect for Summers no-makeup look, just blend it all over your face and perk up your lips with a nude gloss and you are good to go with a smoother and even looking skin which stays fresh for long.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Pros of Maybelline CLEARGLOW BB Stick – Fawn:-
- Silky soft texture
- Blends magically into the skin
- Doesn’t feel heavy on skin
- Provides light to medium coverage
- Gives a smoother appearance to skin
- Makes pore appear smaller
- Doesn’t melt even after 7-8 hours of wear
- Convenient to use and travel-friendly packaging
- Contains SPF 21 and PA+++ sun protection
Cons of Maybelline CLEARGLOW BB Stick – Fawn:-
- Needs to be set with powder on under eyes
- Flakes on dry skin but works well with a moisturizer underneath
- Available in only 2 shades
Recommendation:- Maybelline CLEARGLOW BB Stick – Fawn has light, silky soft texture which blends like a dream over a nicely moisturised skin. It will turn flaky on dry skin so dare not skip moisturising your skin before BB application but for oily skinned beauties it works like magic on its own. It gives a smoother and even appearance to skin giving a semi-matte finish which keeps skin shine-free for long. Set it with powder for a flawless finish and a fresher looking skin. It tends to crease on under eye area for me, so I use for face only.
Maybelline BB Stick makes an affordable medium coverage concealer, best for spot concealing with buildable coverage which is unbeatable at this price. It is best for oily and combi skin especially in sweaty summers for its mattifying texture, just wish Maybelline comes up with more shades so that I can choose one matching to my skin tone. Recommended!
Have you tried Maybelline CLEARGLOW Shine Free BB Stick Fawn?