Lancome Genifique Eye – Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate
I got this sample sized bottle as a gift from one of my relative, who religiously uses Lancome face moisturizer (not sure which one exactly). I was on cloud nine to get a chance to try one of the most expensive skin care products from Luxury brand like Lancome. So, today I am reviewing Lancome Genifique Eye – Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate.
Product Claims: Eye luminosity, the new visible sign of youth.
- The new 360° eye contour transformation.
- Lancôme introduces its 1st eye-illuminating serum, engineered with a unique rotating and massaging applicator to reach even the most inaccessible eye areas.
- Experience a 360° eye contour transformation above and below the eyes for visible results.
- More Luminous
- See Deflated Eye Bags
Direction for Use:-
- Step 1: Prepare the Applicator: Swirl the pearl applicator against the neck of the bottle to get the right amount for both eyes.
- Step 2: More Luminous Eye Contour: Sweep the pearl under your eye, from the outer corner to the inner corner, then back. Repeat the motion above the eyelid
- Step 3: See Deflated Eye Bags: Beginning at the inner corner under the eye, draw small spirals with the pearl. End at the outer corner.
- Step 4: Smoother Skin: Use small zig-zag movements down the length of lines and wrinkles, as if you’re erasing their appearance. Pat in the remaining serum with your fingertips.
Ingredients:- AQUA/WATER, BIFDIA FERMENT LYSATE, PROPANEDIOL, GLYCERIN, ALOCHOL DENAT, DIMETHICONE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, ESCIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXETHANOL, ADENOSINE, CAFFEINE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, CHLORPHENESIN, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, CHILORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, DIMETHICONEVINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDMETHYL TAURATE, DIMETHICONOL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ETRAETHYLHEXANOATE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE, BHT, LAURETH-7
Price:- $68 for 0.67 Fl.Oz
Packaging:- The concentrate comes in a tiny opaque grey colored plastic bottle with a metallic finish applicator handle that locks with screw mechanism to the bottle. The applicator looks similar to nail paints but the tip is replaced with a drop shaped solid metallic one. The tip isn’t fixed to the handle but slightly flexible and moves the way you use it during application. I just love its innovative and useful packaging!
My Experience with Lancome Genifique Eye Illuminating Concentrate:-
Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is a creamy white colored liquid with gel like texture. It has a watery consistency which spreads like a dream with the flexible metal applicator. The applicator tip picks up just the enough amount for application on both eyes and offers a nice cooling feel to the under eye area. I doesn’t require to massage it with fingers and in case if I feel like massaging the under eye area, I roll the metal tip over the area for few more seconds. It has a weird/chemical fragrance but isn’t significant and mild enough to be easily ignored.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Forest Essentials Under Eye Cream
Its light-weight formula soaks quickly into the skin within few seconds post application giving it a healthy hydrated look. I could feel the cooling sensation for few minutes post application which makes me believe that is formula is getting absorbed by skin cells and is working on the under eye area. The area feels extremely soft, supple immediately and looks healthier, brighter with every application.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Best Under Eye Creams in India
The formula can be comfortably used during day time and will work well on oily skin even on super-oily/sweaty summer’s days too.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Votre Under Eye cream
The sample was big enough to give me one time application for almost a month, but still I think I need more to comment about it’s effect on dark circles and wrinkles.
Pros of Lancome Genifique Eye – Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate:-
- Light-weight gel like texture
- Gets applied nicely with applicator
- Doesn’t feel heavy /oily
- Gets absorbed quickly
- Hydrating formula
- Skin looks softer and brighter
- Reduces fine lines with regular use
- Hygienic packaging
- Dermotologically and opthalmologically tested.
Cons of Lancome Genifique Eye – Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate:-
- Not extremely moisturizing
- Chemical unpleasant scent but very mild
Recommendation:- Lancome Genifique Yeux Light Pearl Eye – Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate is a light-weight gel-like liquidy formula which takes no time to sink into the skin and I am hands down fan of its metallic applicator which not only applies the formula gently on the under eye area, but the cooling sensation it imparts feels really great at the under eye area. The serum lightly moisturizes the under eye area and makes it appear softer, brighter and healthier with regular use.
Frankly speaking, I couldn’t makeup my mind to splurge so much on skin care and I don’t think I will be buying it but wouldn’t mind few more free samples :P. This is a total Luxury so if you like investing in Skin care, then definitely give this a shot!
Have you tried Lancome Genifique Yeux Light Pearl Eye – Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate?