Five Protein Rich Foods that Boost Metabolism
Your body needs proteins and if you are not getting enough of them, you are definitely sabotaging the effectiveness of your diet plan and weight loss journey! When you get enough proteins, your metabolism gets boosted and it accelerates weight loss. Women should get at least 46 grams of protein each day while men should aim at 56 grams. If you really want to see your metabolism grow, then you should actually start including proteins in your diet and make it a point that at least 45 percent of the calories shall come from consuming proteins. Proteins are important to make sure that the weight you are carrying is not fat and all muscle.
Protein Rich Foods that Boost your Metabolism
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are an ideal food choice for Vegetarians and Vegans, who are on the hunt for the perfect protein rich foods in their diet. Portabellas are meaty in nature and are often the best substitute to burgers. Mushrooms have a high content of selenium, which is responsible for making your muscles function efficiently. You must consume about 5 grams of mushrooms per serving. (Image Credit: 1)
- Oatmeal: The best breakfast you can have for an accelerated metabolism is Oatmeal. Oatmeal has both fibers and proteins which our body requires. It is recommended that you go for whole grain oatmeal instead of the processed ones, as it makes your body work hard to break the whole grain oatmeal break. The extra work your body does the higher the metabolism is, also it keeps you fuller for longer keeping you from binging throughout the day.
- Pomegranate: A power house fruit which has a high protein content makes for an amazing metabolism boosting food, which not only keep your taste buds satisfied but can be consumed anytime anywhere without any worries. So, you now have a reason to binge on your favorite fruit.
- Peanuts: The king of all nuts, peanut is one of the best ways to ward off that stubborn belly fat. It leaves behind cashews, pecans and almonds in the race for the best protein rich nuts, due to the high protein content inhibited inside. These make an amazing mood boosting food as well, so when you feel low, just chew on some king nuts.
- Eggs: You probably knew our gold old eggs were going to make it to this list, didn’t you? Eggs are they most convenient way to include proteins in your diet, and if you were always discarding those yolks out, let me tell you why shouldn’t you be doing it any longer, egg whites contain only two-thirds of the protein, while the rest is inhibited within yolks. They are the best source of Vitamin B Choline, which is a very important nutrient needed for the construction of cell membranes in the body. Eggs provide 6 grams of protein to the body, which is amazing!
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
So, do not confuse yourself with food choices when you have such amazing protein packed food choices that boost your metabolism naturally. Weight loss and muscle gain can be quite challenging especially when you are just starting out, always remember that you need to balance out your protein intake. Proteins have a huge effect on the fat percentage of your body, you will not see results immediately, but you definitely be burning more calories than you had imagined.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Which of these FIVE Protein rich foods that boosts Metabolism is your favorite?
PS: I do not claim the ownership of the images used in the post.