Eye Makeup Tutorial: Plummy Golden Eyes
So, continuing to clearing my backlog in posting makeup looks and tutorials shot long back, here is this rich plummy pink makeup look with a pop of gold. I was super excited to create this look with only plum-pink tones on the lids but as you can see it didn’t turned out that well but I could see my mistakes only after taking all the photographs. 🙁
It looks like I completely missed on doing the crease work. If it had been possible I would have taken a fluffy blending brush and blend that pink in crease with light brown shade. I am also debating on the fact that if a particular look doesn’t turn out well, should I post it on the blog just to look at it years later and think what the hell were you thinking 😉
I shouldn’t be doing this at all as the eye makeup is not something I would like you people to create as is but you are free to include your own variation and make this thing work.
- Used a satiny shimmery rich plum eye shadow from the Sleek Rio Rio palette and places it all over my lids with a flat shading brush.
- Pick a matte taupe black shade and place it in the outer-V corners with a pointed pencil brush. I did not blend it at all as I wanted to have that striking black in corner
- Place a dark reddish-pink eye shadow it in the socket area between the lids and the brow bone using an angled brush, to add sort of pinkish plum effect to the look.
- Then using a fluffy blending brush blend the crease color. I would suggest picking up a matte taupe brown shade for a better transition and look on eyes.
- Highlight the brow bone with of your favorite peachy highlighter
- Time to add pop of gold on lower lash line, using slanted liner brush apply a bright lemon yellow eye shadow. I used loose pigment from MAC in Old Gold I guess. I would suggest not to extend it till the wing as I did but until the end of your Outer corner
- Use the same highlighter that you used on brow bone to highlight inner eye corners
- Apply false lashes and line the upper lash line with any of your black liner, Curl your lashes and coat them with your favorite Mascara.
Here is a close up look at the steps..
- MAC Face and Body Foundation
- Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 16
- INGLOT AMC Liquid Blush #81
- Bourjois Kabuki Brush
- SIGMA Flat Shading Brush – E55
- SIGMA Angled Liner Brush – E65
- SIGMA Pointed Pencil Brush – E30
- SIGMA Tapered Blending Brush – E40
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Share your thoughts and feedback in comments below
Loads of love.. :-* :-*
PS: If you get inspired and recreate the look, don’t forget to share it. Tag me on instagram, facebook, twitter (@Poonam_BMM). I would love to see it on your eyes.