Eye Makeup Tutorial: Paparazzi Plum
Today I will be sharing a dramatic Plum smokey eye makeup tutorial. I shot the pictures long ago, so please excuse the quality of pictures and blending of the shade in the crease. I was testing a makeup palette and the shades turned out a little different on lids than they do look in the pan.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Makeup Ideas for Black Dress
Steps to achieve this look:
- Start by preparing your eyes, apply concealer and eye primer to make the eye shadow colors look vibrant and last longer.
- Apply Plum eye shadow in the crease using a pencil brush. To locate the crease place your find on your lid and you can feel the contour of eyes under the brow bone.. that is the crease. Place brush in the inner corner of the lid and move outwards along the contour until it reaches where the crease starts moving down. Flick your brush strokes up, so that you can get a flicked look.
- Darken the crease work by layering a dark coppery brown shade over the Plum eye shadow in the similar fashion
- Pick up your blending brush and soften the edges color applied in crease for a diffused look, just make sure you do not over blend the colors to the brown bone or the lower lid area. Keep you brush strokes soft and short.
- Using a flat shader brush, dab a bright yellow metallic golden eye shadow in the center of the lid. Apply the eye shadow in patting motion and do not sweep it along the lids to prevent fall out and a precise application.
- Define the Outer –V corner of the eyes by creating a V with pencil brush and black eye shadow for an intense effect.
- With small back and forth motion blend in the black eye shadow applied in last step
- Sweep the blending brush lightly over the plum and black eye shadow and soften the outer crease area. Restrict the brush strokes to the defined eye shape.
- Apply kohl on waterline
- Line lower line with a pearly light bronzy brown eye shadow
- Apply black liner to the upper lash line creating a slight wing at the end to match up the shape we created with eye shadow.
- Clean up the under eye for any fallout and finish off with a mascara!
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Kareena Kapoor Lakme Illusion Inspired Eye Makeup
I have not even made my brows and left the blending undone, I was irritated with way pictures were coming and had clicked innumerable shots to get that perfect one.. It was such a pain to edit the pictures later.. 😛
Products used for Makeup:
- VIVO Eye Shadow Palette
- Chambor Eye Shadow Palette – Dazzling Sphinx
- Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil – Noir Expert
- L’Oreal Paris Super Liner Gel Eye Liner – Black
- CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara
- SIGMA Flat Shading Brush – E55
- SIGMA Angled Liner Brush – E65
- SIGMA Pointed Pencil Brush – E30
- SIGMA Tapered Blending Brush – E40
I have hooded lids so most of the gold on lid got mixed with the crease shade.. Grrrr.. I need to find out out a technique to save the lids color from getting merged in the crease shade. 😛
This eye makeup is suitable for family functions and cocktail parties. It will go perfectly with your little black dress or any of your ethic outfit. A heavily blending version can make it work for day time as well.
Hope you liked the tutorial. Share your thoughts and feedback in comments below
PS: If you get inspired and recreate the look, don’t forget to share it. Tag me on instagram, facebook, twitter (@Poonam_BMM). I would love to see it on your eyes. 🙂