Chiseled Cheeks Demo with NYX Wonder Stick
I am super excited to share this review today not only because I got this product from US through a friend but because this is first time I tried a cream contour. I have been dying to try the contouring and highlighting magic after seeing those amazing tutorials on instagram, so to start with I opted for this NYX Wonder Stick in Medium/Tan.
Product Claims: Amplify your look with our all-purpose Wonder Stick that has a creamy finish that conceals highlights and contours with ease. The Wonder Stick is available in 4 different shade combinations to fit every skin tone including one universal shade.
Direction for Use:
- Step 1: Apply highlight stick on cheekbones, middle of forehead, under eyes, down the center of your nose, on the brow bone and along the jawline.
- Step 2: Apply contour stick to top of forehead and along hairline, under cheekbones and down both sides of your nose and under the jawline and chin.
- Step 3: BLEND, BLEND, BLEND!
- Highlight: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Synthetic Wax, Ceresin, Paraffin, Glycol Montanate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).
- Contour: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Synthetic Wax, Ceresin, Paraffin, Glycol Montanate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).
Price: $12 for 4 gms(each)
Shelf Life: 3 years from the Mfg date.
Available in 4 shades
Packaging: NYX Wonder Stick is a double ended contour stick with black plastic case and a swivel packaging. There are glass caps on both sides to protect the bullets inside and also give a peek through of the color. The packaging is nice but the highlight shade has arrived broken at the base :P. though I fixed it by puching it back.
Also, I liked that there is a reference picture demonstrating the product on instagram celebrity @Vegas_Nay and show where you need to contour and highlight.
My experience with NYX Wonder Stick:
NYX Wonder Stick is basically a cream contouring and highlighting stick where the contour stick has a rounded tip while the highlighter has a tapered tip.
NYX Wonder Stick – Contour: It is a medium caramel brown shade with beige undertones. It isn’t as dark as I would have expected it to be but the texture is very creamy and blends like a dream with a little bit of stippling.
The contour is super easy to work with and you just can’t go wrong with it because it is such a safe shade. I feel it will more suitable for something with NC 20-30 but on my NC 40 shade it just give a light shadow on me. It just warms up my skin a little bit like a sheer bronzing or contouring shade. I might be able to get better results by pairing it with a darker contouring powder to because it just seems to disappear into my skin. I barely blend the color and it is just gone.. I tried building it up but the formula isn’t buildable at all.
NYX Wonder Stick Highlight: It is a light beige shade with slight yellow undertones and like a contour it blends effortlessly into the skin. I was amazed at how beautifully it highlighted my skin and gave it that beautiful sheen…I just loved it. It brightened up my under eye area so well… like I have installed some bulbs under my skin. It is just that amazing.
The staying powder of the product is pretty good but I will suggest setting them with a loose powder for prolonging the longevity of the contour and highlighter in the skin
TIP: For a sharp contour, I added a layer of Highlighter just below the contour for the sharp edge, giving an illusion of more of a chiseled cheek.
Recommendation: NYX Wonder Stick is a great option to go for cream contour with its smooth blendable formula, convenient packaging and affordable price tag. The texture is super cream and my dry skin just love how beautifully they glide onto it but it might be a bit too oily for oily skin.. so beware!! The quality of the product is pretty good and the colors blend easily on skin. If you are planning to dive into the world of contour than this NYX contour stick would be a great pick to start with. I just wish we could NYX products easily in India. Recommended!
Have you tried NYX Wonder Stick? Which is your favorite Cream contour/highlighter product?