Beat The Heat – Makeup Tips for Summers
With summers knocking at the doors its time to gear up for the upcoming hot and humid season and look as good as you would want to be. I have shared Skin care Tips (Here) earlier and here are few summer make up tips which will keep you look fresh even in sweaty summers!
1. Go Naked 😉 – Not literally though!! Avoid foundations in summers as they will feel heavy on your skin in summers which may lead to pore clogging and also they will turn cakey and start melting in scorching summer heat. If you really cant go without foundation use a tinted moisturizer and the newly launched BB creams which are much lighter than foundations and cover slight imperfection on your facial skin easily. Also, they won’t melt or look cakey.
2. Stay Fresh with Pressed Powder – Use your face powders with no excuse. Nobody likes a shiny face…Dewy is something different okay!!! No excuses always finish up with nice oil-controlling pressed powder or compact to keep your face shine-free especially if you are using creamy or liquid consistency products that may leave a shiny layer to your skin.
3. Water-proof Makeup – In Summers, only waterproof makeup will be able to help you, everything else would easily surrender to the heat & sweat and will melt down to your face and spoil everything. So, choose only water-proof mascara and eye liners to save your face from turning to a messy art work.. 😛
4. Set it with Primer– There might be days where skipping the foundation wouldn’t be a good idea, so would suggest to start with a Face Primer which will restrain natural oils from your skin getting mixed with the foundation. It will prevent oxidization of your foundation and will keep your face and makeup look fresh for long.
5. Less Is Best – Keep it less in summers so don’t go overboard with makeup. Don’t go for stark shades in eye shadows or lipsticks and dazzle with minimal make up like peachy nude shade/lip glosses and subtle neutral/nude shades of brown eye shadows on lids. Go for colored eye liners instead of eye shadows which will highlight your eyes with the right effect and won’t make you look harsh or Too Much in summers.
6. Cream on Cheeks – Cream blushers are a complete no –no in summers but try using cream blushes with staining pigments and top them up with powder ones. This would increase the longetivity of your regular powder blushes which wouldn’t last an hour with all these sweat and heat. Cream blushers can really make the color last long on you.
Apart from these always carry blotting sheets and pressed powder in your handbag to get rid of shiny face immediately and look fresh!! !