5 Favourite Lipsticks 2014
Today I will be listing my favourite lipsticks of 2014. I wasn’t exactly sure that I have been wearing mostly reds round the year but now I know I have too many red in my collection: P. I promise to switch shades to pink or peaches this year. Also, there are not many drugstores in the list (No Maybelline, Colorbar, Revlon .. 🙁 )as I have been strictly avoiding them to get to try luxury ones and I am happy that most of them worked out well for me. But 2015 is going to be different you can tune in for more drugstores and affordable products featured on the blog but lets checkout my favorite lipsticks from 2014.
- Don’t’ Miss to Checkout: How to Choose Best shade of Red Lipstick
5 Favourite Lipsticks 2014:
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Ravishing Red Lipstick (Rs. 999) L’Oreal Paris Infallible Ravishing Red is a lovely medium bright red with subtle shimmers which adds on the shine to the finish. It is a perfect red for warm indian skin tones, neither too bright nor bold and can be carried easily. It has light creamy texture, extremely pigmented and amazingly long wearing formula. I am highly impressed with this new L’Oreal Infallible Lipstick range.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Beso – (RS 1400) Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Beso is a bright tomato red lip color in a velvety matte finish which instantly brightens up my complexion. It looks absolutely stunning on lips, the formula hugs lips (made for each other types) and stays easily for 7-8 hours after which it starts fading, a little patchy. I just need one swipe of its hyper pigmented formula and my lips are coated in bright red color. It appears deeper in the tube but on lips, it is all bright red which won me over. I am head over heels in love with this fabulous lip color
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Jenna Lipstick (Rs 1390) Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lipstick Jenna is a bold and bright warm orangey red shade which sets to a soft matte finish few minutes post application. I find these creamy mattes much better than MAC Matte finishes as it applies much more evenly and smoothly without accentuating much of the lips imperfections. I didn’t experience any tugging or pulling during application. It wears comfortable on lips and stays put in place with no slipping or smearing around lips. It is richly pigmented providing opaque coverage and lasts for 5-6 hours before it starts fading and settling in lip lines.
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Tender Pink Lipstick (Rs. 825) – L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Lipstick in Tender Pink is a dusty mauvish pink shade with neutral peachy brown undertones. I rarely get impressed by muted /neutral shades but this is phenomenal. The color may vary based on your skin tones as it might look bit brighter and pinker on fairer skin tones but looks a beautiful MLBB on warmer Indian skin. The formula is smooth and creamy to apply and two swipes are enough to cover my pigmented lips. The finish is almost matte but doesn’t make my lips any drier upon application. The staying power is pretty decent for a neutral lip color as it lasts 5-6 hours on me. It is such a lovely lipstick, it has become my favorite MLBB at the moment.
- Givenchy Le Rouge Irresistible Fuchsia Lipstick (Rs 2200) – Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick Irresistible Fuchsia is a bright magenta pink shade with satin smooth texture that fills out all crease lines giving a plump and fuller look to lips. It has awesome formulation that gives a velvety crème finish which can be made semi-matte by blotting. It has color coverage of a super-duper pigmented matte lipstick but applies like a creamy one which feels comfortable and hydrating on lips. This is one of the best, comfortable creamy to matte lipsticks that I have ever come across.
So, this is my list of best lipsticks of 2014.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Which was your favourite lipstick in 2014? Do you like Reds over Pink?