11 Best Face Washes for Dry skin
Dry skin so uncommon nowadays… especially in summers when everybody looks like an oil factory but wait.. there are few like us who are dealing with dry skin as well. Though we get slightly sweaty due to heat but in the end we have dry skin and we can’t bear harsh cleansers that will rip skin off moisture.
I always find it hard to find a good facial cleanser/face wash for my dry skin as more than 70% of the face washes leave it dry and stretchy. I need something the cleanses my skin but still retain its moisture. The problem is even worse in winters when harsh winter winds sucks all the moisture from the skin leaving it all dull, dry and flaky. So, I am listing down few of the Face washes that are compatible with dry skin.
Best Face Washes for Dry skin
- Dove Beauty Moisture Face Wash(Rs.125 for 100gm): Dove Beauty Moisture Face Wash is now Dove Deep Pore Nutrium Moisture. It is formulated with special moisture lock technology and at least 1/4th of it consists rich moisturizing milk that beautifully moisturizes the skin and deal with all the dryness. Dove Beauty Moisture Face wash is one of the best face wash that I have used till date. It’s mild and gentle and still gives a gives a good lather and cleanses skin effectively. No stretchy /dry feel only soft and smooth skin. I will highly recommend this to people with dry to normal skin
- Fabindia Avocado Face Wash (Rs. 240 for 120 ml): Fabindia Avocado Face Wash is formulated with avocado butter which nourishes skinwhile cleansing it. It has thin runny gel like texture which lather well and gently cleanses all the impurities keaving face clean, smooth and soft. The citric acid in it gives a refreshing feel to the skin. It is a nice everyday face wash but it does contains sulphates
- Just Herbs Silksplash Neem-Orange Rehydrant Face Wash (Rs.325 for 100ml): Just Herbs SilkSplash Face wash has a mousse gel like texture and looks like a orange squash in the bottle.. so yuumm! I love the citrusy fruity scent of this face wash with a hint of sandalwood. It cleanses skin without stripping oils from the skin and rinses off quickly and leaves my skin soft and hydrated. The formula is free from Sulphates and parabens and contanis Neem, cucumber, Chandan(sandalwood) extracts along with Bitter orange peel, Aloevera leaf juice, Honey which does wonders to my skin.
- Ayorma Fairness and Anti-tan Face Wash (Rs 349 for 100ml): Ayorma Fairness and Anti-tan Face Wash has thin gel like texture with tiny green colored beads. It spreads nicely and has a refreshing minty lemon grass scent which I love. Tiny amount of it works up nicely giving a good lather and removing the impurities gently from the skin.I love the minty cooling sensation it gives which is awesome for a fresh feeling in summers. I have a dry skin and it takes care of that pretty well and never makes my skin feel stretchy or dry. It contains Licorice & Curcuma Extracts, French Lavender Oil & Honey,Egyptian Geranium Oil and Orange Peel Oil which benefits skin. I don’t believe or promote fairness stuff but I love this face wash for everything else.
- Herbalife Skin Soothing Aloe Cleanser (Rs. 1424 for 150 ml): Herbalife Skin Aloe Cleanser is a gel based cleanser with natural ingredients like Aloe Vera which cleanses skin gently. The non-drying formula works perfectly on my dry skin and it would be equally great for Oily/ combination skin as well.It doesn’t strip natural oils from the skin and hence no stretchy feel or dryness post face wash. It leaves my skin refreshingly clean and fresh.It has a pleasing herbal scent which has a calming effect to my senses and it gives a mild cooling sensation to the skin like I have applied a fresh Aloe Vera, which feels very soothing.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Face Wash (Rs 695 for 100ml): The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Face Wash contains vitamin E, soya oil and wheat germ oil, which provide antioxidant protection and moisture while nourishing and conditioning the skin. It has rich creamy texture which cleanses my skin gently but it doesn’t lather much. It can be used a makeup cleanser owing to its creamy texture which dissolves makeup. It has a mild fragrance and keeps my skin soft and supple.
- Aroma Magic Lavender Face Wash (Rs 145 for 100 ml): Aroma Magic Lavender Face Wash contains natural oils and butters which cleanses skin without drying it. The formula is paraben free and is formulated without soap, alcohol, artificial coloring & fragrance. It is lavender in color and has a runny creamy texture which spreads easily and lathers well. It has a mild lavender fragrance which feels soothing to the senses. It cleanses skin well and leaves it smooth and soft.
- Forest Essentials Mashobra Wild Honey, Lemon & Rosewater Facial Cleanser (Rs 1075 for 200 ml): Forest Essentials Mashobra Wild Honey, Lemon & Rosewater Facial Cleanser contains Olive Oil, which is a source of anti-oxidants and protect skin from free radicals which accelerate the aging process and it is moisturizing and skin-rejuvenating. Anantmool is very effective for acne and pigmentation. Kumud is firming and toning. Royal jelly contains amino acids, a basic ingredient in collagen, which is essential in maintaining firmness of the skin. Lemon Essential Oil is refreshing and uplifting. Honey absorbs impurities from the pores on the skin, making it an ideal cleansing agent. Steam Distilled Rose Water is a natural astringent. It tones and rehydrates the skin. The formula is full of great ingredients and is very gentle on skin. It lathers up nicely and gives clean and soft feeling to the skin. I like its mild rosewater scent which soothing and refreshing.
- Organic Surge Daily Care Facewash (RS 660 for 200ml) Organic Surge Daily Care Facewash contains Rose Geranium Essential Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Natural Glycerin which are natural moisturizers. Organic Surge products are 100% free of harsh chemicals – no parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate, no artificial fragrances or colourants and no genetically modified ingredients. It has a transparent gel like texture which cleanses well and has mild fragrance which is really calming
- Kama Ayurveda Rose Jasmine Face Cleanser (Rs 675 for 100 ml) : Kama Ayurveda Rose Jasmine Face Cleanser contains Aloe Vera juice which heals and smoothens skin. Vetiver roots and black cumin seeds for anti-bacterial advantage,. Jojoba oil to rejuvenates skin, and minimizing fine lines, Essential oil of Rose for hydrating properties which keeps skin soft, young and moisturized and Essential oil of Jasmine as an effective toner which helps reduce skin marks and scarring. It has a clear gel like texture which doesnt lather much but it is a perfect hydrating face wash filled with natural ingredients, which gently and thoroughly clean skin and remove light makeup.
- Jovees Strawberry face wash Sheer Moisture (Rs.115 for 120 ml) : Jovees Strawberry face wash contains Strawberry Extract, Jojoba Extract, Vitamin E which gently cleanses the skin without drying it. I love and thoroughly enjoy its mild yummy strawberry fruity scent. Not sure if you can still find it but if you can do give it a try.
And it concludes my list of Best Face Washes for Dry Skin in India or Best Face Facial Cleansers for Dry Skin in India. These are some of the face washes that you can trust for your dry skin. I have tried many of these and will definitely be checking out the rest but apart from Face wash you need to follow some simple lifestyle rules to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Drink lots of water 8-10 glasses is just a number. It will make your skin glowy and look healthy
- No fried or oily food.. you knew this s*it!
- Use light moisturizers which will replenish skin’s moisture.
That’s it from my side for today!
Have you tried any of these Face Washes? Which is your favorite Face Wash/ Facial Cleanser?