The Body Shop Body Butter – Strawberry Review
The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter Review
I hadn’t tried any of the The Body Shop Body Butters and desperately wanted to get one. I had an assumption that body butter would not get applied as easily as body lotions which restrained me from buying these but still I wanted to give them a try. I started looking for one which must have nice fragrance so got hold of this “Strawberry Body Butter”.
Product Claims:- (From the website)
The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter is Best if you want to: Treat your skin to a rich, moisturizing cream with a fresh-picked strawberry scent that will soften and smooth for up 24 hours
How it works: –
- Strawberry seed oil provides omega-3 and omega-4 fatty acids to repair skin’s moisture barrier, so it is smooth and supple.
- Community Trade shea butter moisturizes, softens and protects skin with a high level of antioxidant vitamins A, E and F.
- Community Trade cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature, leaving skin soft and silky smooth.
Directions for use:- Simply smooth it on and feel it soften and delicately scent the skin in seconds.
Ingredients:- Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Limonene, Sodium Hydroxide, Cinnamal, RosemaryWater, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Limonene, Sodium Hydroxide, Cinnamal, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Leaf Extract, Linalool, Citral, Caramel, Red 4. (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Leaf Extract, Linalool, Citral, Caramel, Red 4.
Price:- Rs.775 for 200ml
Shelf Life:-3 years from the Mfg date.
Packaging:- The body comes in a wide mouthed red colored plastic tub. The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly. The butter is thick in consistency and doesn’t move around the tub.
What I liked in The Body Shop Body Butter- Strawberry:-
- It is peachy pink colored cream which appears thick and heavy in the tub, as the name suggests it is “Body Butter” but when applied on body it just melts.
- It spreads easily all over the body and gets absorbed into the body just like a body lotion
- It makes my skin extremely soft and smooth without leaving sticky or greasy film.
- I have a dry skin and it keeps my skin moisturised and nourished for few hours but then I have to go for reapplication.
- I love its smell. It has a mild sweet strawberry smell which is not overpowering. The fragrance is not of fresh strawberries but suger added strwberries.
- The smell lingers on pretty long for around 5-6 hours easily.
- Contains shea butter, Cocoa, Strawberry and Rosemary which are considered to be beneficial for the skin.
- Cruelty free as TBS is against animal testing.
What I disliked in The Body Shop Body Butter- Strawberry:-
- I always feel that these Body Butters are slightly over-priced but after all its TBS
- The body butter is meant for normal skin so might not work for dry skin people especially during winters.
- Only available at TBS counters. Online availability is also quite restricted
- Unhygienic packaging as you have to dip fingers into the wide mouthed tub to scoop out the product.
- Contains Parabens.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
- The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose Body Butter
- Bath and Body Works Body Butter Be Enchanted
- The Body Shop Blueberry Lip Butter
Recommendation:- I prefer to use The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter on my arms and hands so that the strawberry fragrance stays close to my nose :P. I don’t use this regularly but when I would like to smell strawberries and pamper my skin with its delicious aroma and nourishing feel. I might not repurchase this as my skin needs better moisturization than this one but definitely going to try other body butters, the ones meant for dry skin.
Have you tried The Body Shop Body Butter – Strawberry? Do you like sugary Strawberry fragrance?