Sleek Makeup Contour Kit Medium #885 Review, Swatch, FOTD
Sleek Makeup Contour Kit Medium #885 Review, Swatch, FOTD
Contouring adds dimensions to face and the one celebrity that crosses my mind whenever I imagine contoured cheeks is Kim Kardashian. She has mastered the art of contouring and made it a rage among many who used to ignore the difference a contoured face can make to the whole look. I have just started learning the art of contouring but would love to perfect it and achieve a stage where I can achieve chiseled cheeks with brush strokes. Today’s review is about one such product, the Sleek Makeup Contour Kit Medium.
Product Claims: This iconic duo compact is an essential tool for achieving a beautifully sculpted and defined appearance.
- Includes a silky, matte, easy to blend contour powder and an illuminating highlighter for a natural glow
- Can be used together or individually
Direction for Use:-
- Using a contour brush, apply the contour powder, starting from the ear gently blending towards the direction of your mouth using quick feather-like strokes, blending as you to go, to ensure a soft natural line
- Apply the highlighter lightly to the apples of the cheeks for an illuminated glow.
- Apply contour powder along the side of the nose creating a straight line
- Avoid harsh lines by blending in, repeat same steps for both sides
- Apply the highlighter down the centre of the nose and blend
- Apply contour powder down the neck, darkening it slightly close to the jawline to add strength and definition
- Blend and shade thoroughly so that there are no harsh lines
- Blend highlighter powder lightly above the jawline to draw focus up to the facial area
- Pressed Powder: Talc, Aluminium starch octenylsuccinate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Stearate, Jojoba Oil. +/- may contain Iron oxide yellow CI77492, Iron oxide red C177491, Iron oxide Black CI77499.
- Highlighter: Mica, Talc Zea mays (corn) starch, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2,Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Stearate, Pigment.
Price:- $9.99 for 14g
Shelf Life:- 3 years from the Mfg date.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Sleek Blush by 3 Palette – Lace
Available in 3 Shades:
Packaging:- The contour powder comes in signature sleek matte black packaging in a square shaped pan. The kit is encased in a black cardboard box which carries all the required information. The kit consists of two pans inside, one containing Contour powder and other highlighter. The contour powder pan is larger than the highlighter one considering we are going to contour more area than highlighting. It has large mirror inside which is more than useful for contouring on the way. Overall, I love this classy black packaging and this compact kit can be easily carried everywhere.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Sleek Eye Brow Kit – Extra Dark
My Experience with Sleek Makeup Contour Kit Medium:-
Contouring is all about playing with lights and make you face appear slimmer and fake toned cheeks in pictures. So, let see how this kit helps me achieve those chiseled cheeks.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Bornpretty Store 15 Shade Concealer Palette
Contour Powder: It is a medium dark matte contouring powder with subtle orange undertones which compliments Indian skin tones well. The texture is velvety smooth and soft to touch which makes blending quite effortless.
- The powder looks pitch dark brown in the pan but gets blended quite nicely.
- The formula is jam packed with pigments so be a little cautious while picking up the powder from the pan, tap the lightly over the pan to pick minimum possible color, repeat to achieve desired intensity
- The powder is a bit darker for my medium fair skin(NC40 in MAC) and I think it will work better on NC42 or higher. It contours well but looks a little obvious on me and I miss that naturally contoured cheeks look.
- The powder can be used for contouring cheek, nose and forehead as well.
Tip: For using it over forehead, just swirl your brush with the residual cont
- Don’t Miss to checkout: NYX Illuminator – Chaotic
Highlighter Powder: To further define facial feature the kit comes with a highlighter powder which is a pearlescent light peach colored illuminator, slightly on the shimmery side.
- The texture is a little stiff compared to contouring powder which
- The color pay off also doesn’t match contouring powder and I need multiple swipe to achieve the desired look but that made it quite easy to handle as overdone highlighter will spoil the whole idea of accentuating facial features.
- The micro shimmers imparts a lovely glow and radiant shine to the face without emphasizing pores.
- Don’t Miss to checkout: Colorbar Illuminator Pen
Staying power of both contour and highlighter powder is quite impressive as they easily lasts for 6-7 hours on me with a makeup base underneath. Though shimmers transfer a little as the day progresses, but nothing that bothers me. I need very little for single application and I don’t I will ever be able to finish it! It is going to last me long.. very long
- Dont Miss to Checkout: Best Illuminators/Highlighters
Pros of Sleek Makeup Contour Kit Medium:-
- Matte contouring powder which doesn’t make you look muddy
- Pearlescent shimmer highlighter shade that doesn’t accentuate your pores
- Highly pigmented contouring powder
- Satiny smooth texture, highlighter is a bit stiff but applies nicely
- Blends easily
- Long lasting
- Little goes a long way
- Value for money
- Comes with a mirror inside
- Compact, travel friendly packaging
- Not Tested on animals
- Available in 3 shade to suit various skin tones
Cons of Sleek Makeup Contour Kit Medium:-
- Highlighter shade lacks pigmentation ( but I don’t mind it)
- Slightly shimmery texture, I like pearly better
- Availability in India
- The contour shade is a little dark for me, I think Light would look better on me
Recommendation:- Sleek Makeup Contour Kit Medium is a combo of matte medium brown contouring powder and a shimmery peach highlighter which does a good job at accentuating facial features. The contouring powder is excellently pigmented and blends quickly into the skin but be wary of using it with light hands only. It makes a great contour kit and works really well in shedding few kilos with just a single brush stroke. The shade is a little dark for me but I will practice a bit more with it to master the art of contouring. The highlighter has finely milled shimmers which adds a lovely glow but needs to be layered for a decent effect . If you have started venturing in the contouring world just now (like me), do give this a try, Highly Recommended!
Have you tried Sleek Makeup Contour Kit Medium? Do you contour your face? Which is your favorite contouring product?