Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner
I haven’t been experimenting much with shampoos off late as I have just recovered myself from severe hair fall but after finishing up my current Triclenz shampoo which was recommended to me by the Doctor. I started looking out for a good shampoo ( life of a blogger that she couldn’t resist experimenting 😛 ) and that’s when I planned to give a shot to Schwarzkopf Hair care range. To start with I picked, Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo: Cleanses damaged hair. The formula with new cell perfector technology and higher concentration of Proteolipids works at a cellular level to intensely seal the cuticle and restore the inner structure for natural strength and elasticity.
- Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Conditioner: with new cell perfector technology and higher concentration of Proteolipids works at a cellular level to intensely seal the cuticle and restore the inner structure for natural strength and elasticity.
Ingredients:- Aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, dimethicone, steardimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed keratin, guar, hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, panthenol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba)seed oil, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, sodium chloride, glycol distea rate, sodium benzoate, citric acid, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, cocamide MEA, parfum, laureth-4, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, hydrogenated castor oil, laureth-23, benzyl salicylate, butylphenyl methyl propional, linalool, limonene, glycerin, salicylic acid, propylene glycol, methylparaben, formic acid, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide)
Price:- Rs.750 for 250 ml (Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo)
Rs.750 for 200 ml (Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Conditioner)
Shelf Life:- 3 years from the Mfg date.
Packaging:- Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner comes in a tall cylindrical shaped red & white bottle packaging. The bottle tapers towards the bottom which makes them perfect to keep in upside down position. The packaging is convenient to use but the bottles are bigger than what would I prefer to call them travel friendly .
My experience with Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner:-
Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo is a white colored liquid with a creamy texture and light runny consistency which spreads easily.
- The shampoo has a light sweet fragrance which lingers on for few hours post hair wash and gives a fresh feel
- It gives a good lather but I need to use a generous amount to get the results.
- When applied on oiled scalp, I need to go for a second round to get rid of all the oil else you wouldn’t know if you have actually washed your hair.
- It removed all the traces of dirt and oil from the scalp gently and rinses off easily without leaving any residue behind.
- My hair feels silky smooth post hair wash but I don’t get that light head/squeaky feeling that I usually get after hair wash. I will blame it on its hydrating formula
- The shampoo is mild enough to be suitable for daily use or if you wash your hair every alternate day.
- It worked well for my oily scalp and I kept it oil free for 3 days but after that I need to run for a hair wash.
- Didn’t cause any hairfall or frizziness to my dry hair ends but using a heavy duty conditioner on dry ends is a must
- The downsides are it didn’t added much shine to my hair, and once dry there are a lot of flyways, which I didn’t knew existed.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Conditioner is a light baby pink colored creamy lotion with a medium runny consistency
- The texture is easy to work with and spreads easily onto hair strands.
- The formula however isn’t much moisturizing and even after using a palm full of conditioner it didn’t provide that much needed nourishment to my dry hair ends.
- I do not have super dry hair but still it was missing the basic moisture that we expect from conditioners
- If you have oily scalp and hair and looking for a super light conditioner you might like this but otherwise easily skippable
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Pros of Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner:-
- Shampoo lathers up well
- Mild formula which gently removes oil and dirt from scalp
- Has a soft sweet scent which lingers on for few hours
- Rinses off quickly without leaving any residue
- Didn’t cause any hair fall
- Good for Oily scalp and one who prefer daily wash
- Conditioner doesn’t weigh down hair even if used heavily
Cons of Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner:-
- Need to apply a generous amount for squeaky clean feeling
- On heavily oiled scalp, a second round of hair wash is a must
- Doesn’t add shine and softness to hair
- Conditioner is a must for dry, frizzy hair after shampoo
- Repair Rescue Conditioner doesn’t work well for dry hair
- The combo doesn’t add any shine to my hair.
Recommendation:- Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo has a mild formula which takes off ever bit of oil and dirt from the scalp but needs to be massaged well on the scalp well to loosen up particles. It doesn’t cause any hair fall nor made my hair frizzy but for dry hair ends, needs to follow with a conditioner to tame the flyways.
Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Conditioner was a total turnoff as it actually did nothing for me. Neither has it worked on nourishing the dry hair ends nor adding any shine.
Overall, I found the Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner to be quite average. Since this is a salon exclusive range, my expectations were quite high. I guess these would work nicely for oily hair but I would definitely not recommend it to someone with dry, damaged or chemically treated hair as claimed.
Rating:- 3/5 (Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo)
2/5 (Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Conditioner)
Have you tried Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo? Which is your favourite Salon Hair Care Range?