Oriflame Optimals Foaming Cleanser Review
(Image:-From Oriflame Official Site)
Today I am going to review my first facial cleanser Oriflame Optimals Foaming Cleanser. Actually, I ordered for Optimals cleansing milk from the same range but it was out of stock so the consultant got me this instead. At first, I was pretty disappointed to see this exchange and not getting what I ordered but the consultant convinced me that it is one and the same thing and will function pretty much same so I surrendered.
Product Claims:–Instantly foaming cleanser purifies and tones your skin preparing it for day or night cream application. A comforting complex with elderflower extract softens and tones the skin. Your skin is refreshed and comforted.
Ingredients AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, GLYCERIN, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, PARFUM, CITRIC ACID, SAMBUCUS NIGRA EXTRACT, PEG-150 PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRASTEARATE, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES
Price:- Rs.429 for 200 ml(bought it on discount)
Shelf Life:- 3 years from the Mfg date.
Skin benefits of ElderFlower :- The flowers contain Vitamin C and rutin, both of which have strong antioxidant properties. Rutin has anti-inflammatory properties. This is supposed to be good for skin problems such as acne. It is also useful for skin firming, wound healing and toning applications.
Packaging:- The cleanser comes in a translucent white bottle with a screw cap. The screw cap is quite different from the regular ones. The see-through packaging bottle is sturdy and hygienic to use.
I have used it in two ways:-
- Apply it to a cotton swab and then swipe it over my face. I use it this way when I have done a full makeup (foundation, concealer, blusher, eyeshadow)
- Normally, I use it as a face wash.
Pros of Oriflame Optimals Foaming Cleanser:-
- The cleanser is white in color and has a creamy consistency which spreads easily.
- I mostly use this as a face wash and it cleanses my skin effectively removing every trace of dirt/oil and makeup.
- Lathers really well
- Rinses off easily without leaving any residue.
- Leaves my skin clean and fresh
- It has a mild floral fragrance which I like.
- Didn’t cause any breakouts
- The cleanser lasts long as only a little amount is required.
Cons of Oriflame Optimals Foaming Cleanser:-
- Expensive at Rs.429 for just a cleanser aka face wash.
- If it gets into the eyes it stings badly. So, sensitive eyes’ stay away from this
- Leaves my skin bit dry and stretchy and have to rush for a good moisturizer.
- Only available through Oriflame consultants.
Recommendation:- I won’t recommend Oriflame Optimals Foaming Cleanser to dry skin beauties as I feel it is slightly drying on my dry skin. It might suit combination or oily skin people better. It hasn’t given me any unwanted eruption and effectively removes all the makeup but the stinging part is unbearable.
Other Facial Cleansers that I have Used:
Have you tried Oriflame Optimals Foaming Cleanser? Which facial cleanser do you use?