NYX Cosmetics Mineral “Set It & Don’t Fret It” Matte Finishing Powder – Medium/Dark Review, Swatches
Hello, Today I am going to review my first ever loose/finishing powder NYX Cosmetics Mineral “Set It & Don’t Fret It” Matte Finishing Powder in Medium/Dark. Pheww.. it has such a long name!! 😛
Product Claims: A mineral finishing powder that sets your favorite look with a flawless finish; skin appears fresh and radiant throughout the day. Just a hint of color provides enough coverage to be worn over makeup or on bare, moistened skin.
Direction for Use:- Apply with powder brush or puff over foundation or directly to face after moisturizing for a sheer, matte finish.
Ingredients:- Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ).
Price:- $9.99 for 8gms
Packaging:- The powder comes in a round-pan plastic packaging with a black screw lid. The powder is secured to the bottom with a plastic sheet pasted on the holes. Pull up the plastic seal and shake the pan a bit and the powder will jump to the top. The holes in the packaging are quite big and give out a large amount of powder but be careful while shaking as I have lost a good amount of it about 2-3 time due to rough handling. Also make sure the lid properly closed before tossing it in your bag.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: NYX Illuminator Chaotic
Available in 2 shades that adjusts to skin color:-
- Light/Medium (MPF01)
- Medium/Dark (MPF02)
My experience with NYX Mineral “Set It Don’t & Fret It” Matte Finishing Powder:-
NYX Mineral Matte Finishing Powder is an extremely soft, finely milled powder and has silky-smooth feel. I got it in Medium/dark which is a good match for my medium-fair skin tone as Light/medium would have been much lighter but I wouldn’t really appreciate if NYX introduces few more shades in this range
- I have used it to set my foundation and the fine powder gives a pretty natural looking finish unlike compacts which looks bit powdery if skin underneath is not properly moisturized or if applied in excess. The powder has a light-weight formula and it blends in effortlessly with my skin tone. The formula is free from shimmers and sets to a light matte finish. The coverage however isn’t something that I can rave about as it is goes really sheer when blended. The fine powder however doesn’t feel heavy and gives a silken finish to my skin.
- I have applied it directly to my skin to check on the coverage and finish. It goes almost invisible giving a light cover to blemishes and acne marks but I loved the comfortable matte finish. It doesn’t look powdery at all on my dry skin.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Powder Foundation Brush
I have oily T-Zone and it fared pretty well in controlling the shine for 5-6 hours on me but Oily skin may require touchups in between.
I applied it using the flat-top powder brushes I have ELF Studio Powder and Sonia Kashuk Multi Purpose Flat Top Brush. ELF one was way too fluffy and blew the powder up in the air while buffing. Sonia Kashuk was better but its smaller head made the task quite painful as I had to reach out for the powder again and again, I think stiffer brushes with rounded tops like Real Technique Face Brush or TBS Kabuki Brush (Both on my wish-list 😉 ) will work better with Loose powders.
Pros of NYX Mineral “Set It & Don’t Fret It” Finishing Powder:-
- Finely Milled powder
- Light-weight formula
- Silky smooth feel
- Blends nicely
- Doesn’t look powdery
- Gives a natural matte finish.
- Great to set the foundation
- Decently priced
- Quantity will last me a lifetime
- Can also be used to counter oily lids
Cons of NYX Mineral “Set It & Don’t Fret It” Finishing Powder:-
- Loose powders are a but messy to apply
- Coverage is extremely sheer
- Won’t last long on oily skin
- Shade selection can be upgraded with more shades
Recommendation:- NYX Mineral “Set It & Don’t Fret It” Matte Finishing Powder is a light-weight formula with a silky smooth feel that blends beautifully with my skin. It gives a smooth matte finish and never goes chalky or powdery. Its natural matte finish makes it a good choice to set foundation. The coverage is pretty sheer but it doesn’t look cakey or made-up and blends in to invisible finish. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this loose powder and if you are beginner like me, do give it a shot!
- Be a bit careful while opening the lid, and shaking the powder back. Also, keep it in upright position so that excess powder doesn’t come to the top.
- Dip the brush lightly as a lot of amount will get picked, tap off the excess
Other Face Powders/Compacts You May Like:
Have you tried NYX Mineral “Set It Don’t Fret It” Finishing Powder? Do you use Loose/finishing Powders?