Monthly Skincare Favourites and Current Skincare Regime
It has been ages that I have shared with you my skincare regime. So, today I am doing this together with my skincare favorite’s products of the month. The winters are coming to an end and before I switch to products suitable for summers, here is the skincare regime that I have been following in winters which helped keeping my dry skin nourished and well moisturized through-out.
Monthly Skincare Favorites:
- L’Oreal Revitalift Anti Aging+ Firming Aqua Milky Toner – L’Oreal Revitalift Anti Aging+ Firming Aqua Milky Toneris retinol based toner with a slightly thick milky texture. It spreads nicely on skin but takes a little white to get absorbed completely. It is highly moisturizing to my dry skin and I can easily skin on the moisturizer post application. A little heavy for summers but a great toner for dry , aging skin in winters
- L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X Anti Aging cream – I have been obsessed with Anti-aging stuff so bought these new launched by L’Oreal Paris few months back. L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X Anti Aging makes a lovely moisturising cream for my dry skin. It has a subtle sweet scent and light-weight texture that melts quickly into the skin.
- L’oreal UV perfect Aqua Essence SPF 30 Sun screen – I have tried lots of sunscreens till date but this L’oreal UV perfect Aqua Essence SPF 30 is going to be my favorite of them all. Though the SPF factor is low but the texture, formula and feel on the skin is amazing. It doesn’t leave any white cast or oily residue. It has a quick absorbing formula and comes in a cute travel friendly packaging.
- Herbalife Skin Soothing Aloe Cleanser: I have super dry skin and most of the facial cleanser makes it even drier but this herbal cleanser aka face wash is an exception. I am in love with its paraben free formula and the natural ingredients list which contains many skin friendly ingredients. The gel based cleanser is mild on skin and gently cleanses away all the impurities.
- Herbalife Skin Instant Reveal Berry Scrub: Another awesome product from Herbalife skin. Herbalife Skin Instant Reveal Berry Scrub is a gel based scrub with soft scrubbing granules that helps you get rid of dull and dry skin instantly. It is not effective in removing stubborn black heads but for that mid-week skin rejuvenation, it is a perfect pick!
- Biotique Bio Papaya Revitalizing Tab Removal Scrub: I have to admit that I love my skincare product to be more natural and hence another herbal product in my list here. Biotique Bio Papaya Revitalizing Tab Removal Scrub makes an essential part of my weekly cleansing routine. It is cream based scrub that doubles up as a face pack. It unclog pores, removes dead skin cells and the stubborn blackheads too leaving you with radiant and smooth skin.
- Plum Aloe Day Moisturizer: Plum Aloe Day Moisturizer is an oil free moisturizer infused with the goodness of Aloe Vera, Sunflower and rosemary oil which naturally nourishes skin. The formula is free from parabens which is another pro. It takes some time to get absorbed but it doesn’t feel heavy or leave any residue.
Skincare Routine for Dry skin in Winters
- Day Time Routine: These are essentials for my day time routine. I start with L’Oreal Revitalift Anti Aging+ Firming Aqua Milky Toner and if in a hurry directly apply L’oreal UV perfect Aqua Essence SPF 30 Sun screen as the toner takes time to get absorbed. Add a bit of The Body Shop Honeyomania lip balm to keep my lips hydrated and a touch of Pond’s eye cream.. just because i need to finish it soon!
- Night Routine: The night skincare routine is pretty simple. I start with my favorite Olive Oil based Makeup remover, followed by Herbalife Skin Soothing Aloe Cleanser and for adequate nourishment L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X Anti Aging cream. I am not happy with my under eye cream but until I finish it up, Pond’s Gold Radince eye cream for my under eye area and the same The Body Shop Honeyomania lip balm to pamper my dry lips.
- Weekly Cleansing Routine: Biotique Bio Papaya Revitalizing Tab Removal Scrub makes a great scrub for my dry skin and really helps in removing all the dirt, impurities and blackheads from the upper layer giving me a clearer and brighter complexion. It doubles up as a face pack if allowed to dry down on the skin for the skin firming effect but at times I do follow with my Homemade face pack recipe which includes Lemon juice, Curd, Honey, Olive oil and fullers earth.
Bath and Body Favorites – February 2015
- Aveeno Positively Nourishing Smoothing Body Wash: Aveeno Positively Nourishing Smoothing Body Wash is one of the creamiest body wash I have ever tried. It has a creamy gel texture that spreads easily and has tiny exfoliating granules for a mild scrubbing action which buff away the dead skin cells. It has a natural fruity fragrance which is soothing to my senses and it leaves my skin beautifully hydrated even in the driest of the winters! If I get a chance I will surely repurchase this body wash 🙂
- The Body Shop Atlas Rose Body Butter: I am obsessed with floral scents and nothing can beat a fresh rose fragrance for me and this The Body Shop Atlas Rose Body Butter hit the bulls’ eye. The fragrance is perfect in every sense. It is pleasing to senses, long lasting and doesn’t have any sweet artificial notes like the usual The Body Shop Body Butter. It takes me to the garden of blooming roses and makes me feel like a princes.. Just love it!!
- Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo and Conditioner: The combo is like bestie in tougher times. My hairs were going through a rough patch with the disastrous Schwarzkopf Bonacure shampoo and conditioner combo and have lost all the shine and smoothness. And when I was looking around for help these fell into the pocket 😉 . The shampoo has a medium creamy texture that gives good lather and cleanses hair without drying them out. It made my hair smoother, softer and added a lovely shine and bounce. The conditioner worked well in taming my dry ends though I have to use a little more than usual!
Which are your skin care favorites of the Month? Have you tried any of the above products?