Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick Dusky Mauve Review, Swatches, LOTD
Today, I will be sharing Dusky Mauve shade of Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipsticks which I bought on a tempting Buy 2 get 1 offer. I have already reviewed Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick-Cranberry.
Product Claims: Fall in love with color, all over again: Crisp Color from pure color pigments
- Creamy Feel, with a built in lip balm
- SPF 15 for sun protection
- 16 Captivating Shades
Direction for Use:- Expert Tip:- Apply your lipstick by starting in the center of your lip. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip for a gorgeously perfect finish.
Ingredients:- It’s there on the packaging printed over the plastic sealing cover. But the letters are too small to be read without digging eyes into the paper, so just ignore.
Price:- Rs.220 for 4gm
Shelf Life:- 30 months from the Mfg date.
My experience with Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick-Dusky Mauve:-
- Dusky Mauve is a lovely brown toned light plum shade. It looks more like a light brown lipstick in the bullet but comes as a soft mauvish-pink color on lips. The brown tones in the lipstick cut down the bright tinge of colors and give a very natural looking pinkish tone to the lips.
- Personally, I don’t like layering my lips with loud purple/plum shades which makes them pop but Dusky Mauve as the name suggests isn’t a bright lip color. It is kind of pastel plum shade which suits me well.
- It has super buttery texture which makes the bullet glides smoothly over the lips. The texture is bliss for dry lips for its highly moisturizing formula.
- It also provides decent coverage to the lips in a single swipe. I love the nice semi-glossy finish it renders to the lips.
- I am not very happy with the longevity of the lip color. As it fades off easily within 2-3 hours of application and doesn’t leave any tint of color behind but I like that it make my lips go dry and chapped
- Coming to the packaging which is sturdy metallic case in brown signifying the color family of the lip color. However, I feel the color of the case is slightly confusing and a pink or plum colored case would have given a better idea about the shade of the bullet.
Pros of Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick-Dusky Mauve:-
- Value for money
- Silky soft texture
- Moisturizing to the lips
- Decently pigmented
- Has a faint bitter almond smell
Cons of Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick-Dusky Mauve:-
- Transferability and low staying-power of the lip stick but I am not complaining for the shade and the price tag it comes with
Recommendation:- Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick-Dusky Mauve is a flattering mauvishh-pink shade with super creamy texture. If you want to give a break to your regular peachy-pink MLBB shades than try this as it gives a gorgeous natural looking color to the lips. Where most of the peachy MLBB shades doesn’t work well for me and makes me look washed out, I feel this one such color fits well in MLBB category for me. It is a universal shade which will suit everyone with any type of skin tone and will look equally beautiful at day as well as night time. I am very happy with this shade and the smooth shiny finish it provides to my lips. I am able to pull-off this shade with such an ease that it has fallen into my most used lipsticks list.
Have you tried Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick-Dusky Mauve?