MAC Strobe Cream Review
I have been looking to find that perfect liquid illuminator for my skin and in my search I stumbed upon my first MAC product other than lipsticks 😉 , MAC Strobe Cream Hydratant Lumineux.
Product Claims: The ultimate quick fix for the skin.
- Super-powered with potent botanicals; de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin with a fully loaded vitamin zap and a mega dose of green tea.
- Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants.
- Enhances the effects of light on all skin and in all lighting conditions from sunlight to spotlight.
Ingredients:- Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Glyceryl Distearate, Trisiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Cholesterol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Steareth-10 Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Vitis Vinifera Fruite Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract, Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyalauronate, Panthenol, Ceramide 2, Xanthan Gum, Sucrose, Glycerin, Cyanocobalmin, Caprylyl Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Linoleic Acid, Isohexadecane, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4
Price:- Rs 1950 for 50 ml
Shelf Life:- 3 years from the Mfg date.
Available in 2 variants:
- MAC STROBE CREAM for Dry/combination skin
- MAC STROBE LOTION for Oily/ combination skin
Packaging:- MAC Strobe cream comes in a sturdy pearly white colored opaque plastic tube with a black screw cap. There is a tiny hole at the mouth to dispense illuminating lotion but I find it hard to control the amount to be dispenses. Also, it tends to get messier in the cap if its screwed tightly. I would have preferred a pump dispenser or a soft plastic tube with a nozzle.
My experience with MAC Strobe Cream:-
MAC Strobe Cream is marketed as a skin care product than makeup but I consider it as a makeup product only with some skin benefits 😉 . We all love to flaunt bright glowing skin and if that is achieved without any sort makeup it is best but what to do on a “Bad skin day” when one wants that fresh glowing look… ?? Yeah, these illuminating lotions can come to the rescue.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Colorbar Radiant Glow Illuminator Pen
MAC Strobe cream is creamy white colored liquid with pearlescent silver-pink shimmers blended in the formula. The microscopic shimmers are super fine and doesn’t look shimmery at all rather adds a beautiful radiant sheen on application
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Best Illuminators/Highlighters
It absorbs quickly and sets really fast so make sure you do the blending speedily as it’s pearly pink undertones might flash white on warm Indian skin tones if not blended completely. It doesn’t feel heavy on skin and just 2 tiny dots of this magical liquid are enough for that naturally glowing look.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: NYX Illuminator Chaotic
Those with large pores don’t need to worry with this highlighter as it doesn’t have any shimmers which fills in the pores and makes them prominent.
It has slightly hydrating formula which is meant for moistening dry skin but if used judiciously, it will work equally well on Oily-combi skin giving that natural dewy look minus any unwanted shine or greasiness.
This brightening lotion can be used in many ways:
- Mix it with your foundation for a glowing and even toned skin.
- Apply it as spot highlighter for your cheekbones, Nose bridge, Cupid bow, browbone, forehead and throw up that sculpted face look.
- Wear it alone or under your BB cream just to brighten up your overall complexion
I am using it MAC Face and Body Foundation which itself has an illuminating formula but if you have some matte finish foundation, add 2 drops of this liquid for that gleaming glow.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Pros of MAC Strobe Cream:-
- Adds soft radiant shine to skin
- Free from shimmers
- Absorbs quickly
- Doesn’t feel heavy on skin
- Slightly hydrating formula
- Has skin care benefits
- Doesn’t break me out
- Little goes a long way
- Photographs really well
- Can be used in multiple ways
- Suitable for both day and night
Cons of MAC Strobe Cream:-
- Price is on the higher side.
- Needs to be blended completely
- Might not work for darker skin tones
- Have a weird smell but nothing troublesome.
Recommendation:- MAC Strobe Cream has ultra – fine pearlescent pink and silver shimmers mix which imparts a healthy dewy glow to the skin and doesn’t make you look like a disco ball even on a day time. It can be used as a makeup base as it has hydrating properties with an additional benefit of pearly sheen. Its light weight formula with no visible shimmers (that is why I love it even more) making it suitable for oily skin and ladies with large pores. It feels great on skin and brightens up dull looking skin instantly but if you already have a great skin, you might not find any significant difference to your complexion. Recommended!
Have you tried MAC Strobe Cream? Which is your favorite liquid Highlighter/illuminator?