L’occitane Volumizing Shampoo Review
L’occitane Volumizing Shampoo Review
Today I am to tell you about my first L’occitane experience. I have filled the L’occitane contact form and told them how much I love their products and to try my hands on few and guess what they happily send me a box full of samples to try and all that for free. I couldn’t tell you how excited I was feeling, I started jumping on my place with joy.. with the L’occitane box in my hands.
Brand: L’occitane is a luxury brand which makes superior quality products. Its products are rich in natural ingredients and don’t contain any harmful chemicals or preservatives.
- L’occitane is also cruelty free and use only essential plant oil in their products.
Product Claims:- This silicone free shampoo does not weigh down hair and brings volume, shine and lightness – helping to rebalance scalp and improve cutaneous micro-circulation. It brings strength, softness and vitality.
Ingredients: –aqua/water- disodium laureth sulfosuccinate- tea-lauryl sulfate- laureth-2- peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate – parfum/fragrance – coco-glucoside- glyceryl oleate- ethylhexylglycerin – panthenol – sodium chloride- angelica archangelica root oil- pelargonium graveolens flower oil- lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil- cananga odorata flower oil- pogostemon cablin oil- cocamidopropyl betaine- laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein- peg/ppg-14/4 dimethicone – peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil- polyquaternium-7 – polyquaternium-10 – sodium benzoate – limonene- linalool
Price:- Rs. 1295 for 300 ml
My experience with L’occitane Volumizing Shampoo:-
Consistency:- The shampoo has thingel like consistency almost like water. It is transparent liquid which is quite different from the normal creamy consistency and white colored shampoos.
Smell:- The shampoo has a herbal fragrance. It smells of some fresh flowers which takes you close to the nature. The smell may not be very pleasing but yet quite refreshing and definitely had some minty notes to it. The smell strengthens as you start working with the shampoo and spread it on the scalp.
The fragrance doesn’t linger on and is gone as soon as you rinse off the shampoo. So, no need to worry about the fragrance. I don’t mind the smell if it is herbal and the thing works.
Results:- Due to its thin consistency the shampoo spreads easily on the scalp. It lathers well and the 8ml sample sachet sufficed 2 washes for my shoulder length hair. I needed just a palm-full amount of this shampoo. The shampoo took away all the dirt and oil from the scalp in a single wash for un-oiled hair. It rinses off easily without leaving any traces or residue behind. My scalp felt clean and fresh. The shampoo doesn’t caused me any hairfall but in fact reduced it to some extent. I lost only 5-6 strands which is way lesser than 30-40 strands that I lose with normal shampoos.
The shampoo is mild and gentle on scalp. It doesn’t irritate my scalp not even a bit. It has helped me in keeping my scalp oil-free for 3 days and has added volume and shine to my hair. Hair felt super light and feathery soft. Hair looked healthy and bouncy, like they have been charged up after having a glass full of Glucon-D.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
- Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo
- Sunsilk Natural Recharge Shampoo
- Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Strengthening Shampoo
Pros of L’occitane Volumizing Shampoo:-
- Lathers well and rinses off pretty easily.
- Cleanses scalp pretty well. Single wash enough for un-oiled hair but may need to go for a second wash for oiled hair.
- Has a floral (herbal) smell which I don’t mind but if you’re really sensitive to fragrances you may not like this.
- Hasn’t caused me any extra hair fall but controlled it.
- Kept my scalp oil-free for 3days without ripping the moisture off my dry hair strands.
- Leaves my hair softer, shinier and lighter
- I love the volume it has added to my hair. The volume and shine sustained good for 2 days.
- Contains natural ingredients and free from harmful chemicals like SLS and Parabens.
- A little goes a long way as only small amount will suffice for a single wash. As, the tiny 8ml shampoo sachet gave me 2 washes.
- It is a mild shampoo that is suitable for daily use too.
Cons of L’occitane Volumizing Shampoo:-
- Tad expensive. (Rs 1095 for 300 ml .. Ooouchhh). Its going to burn a hole in the pocket. Only con that might keep you away from this amazing shampoo.But you buy its Eco-refill instead of fresh bottle each time and ease the pain of the pocket a little.
Recommendation:- The L’occitane shampoo is definitely pricer but its worth each penny. Where most of the high-end brands fail to deliver what they claim, L’occitane Volumizing Shampoo does everything it claims to do.
I love the shine, volume and texture of my hair. It’s difficult to keep my hands off my feathery soft hair. My hair looks good even 3 days after the washing when I usually I have to wash hair on alternative days. If you are looking for a miracle product for your limp and lifeless hair or have an oily scalp which makes hair weigh down the very next day of hairwash. I will suggest you to give this a shot.
**I am working on convincing my husband to let me go for L’occitane hair care range. Either he will agree or I will buy it first and then ask him to agree. :P.
Rating:- 4.5/5 (-.5 just for its not so pleasant herbal smell and price)
Have you tried L’occitane hair care range? Which one is your favorite shampoo?