Lakme Glide On Eye Color-Metallic Black Review
Lakme Glide On Eye Color-Metallic Black Review:-
I am a big fan of eyeliners and they are probably the first makeup product that I have started using. I started with liquid liners and my first eyeliner was Lakme Insta-liner in Black.
I was bored of the regular matte liners and wanted to give them a break. I was looking for some colored liner when this pencil caught my attention “Lakme Glide On Eye Color-Metallic Black” which is a shimmery(metallic) black liner and couldn’t resist myself from giving this a try.
Product Claims:- Crushed gemstones sprinkled with the brilliance of precious metals.
For eyes that reflect the stars
Available in 7 different shades:
• Smoky Green.
• Iridescent Blue.
• Peacock Green.
• Metallic Black.
• Aqua Green.
• Warm Copper.
• Plush Purple.
(Image Source:Lakme Official website)
Price:- Rs 275 for 1.2gm
Shelf Life:- 30 Months from the Mfg date
Packaging:- It comes in a sharpenable pencil form with a transparent plastic cap. The outlook is complete black with a golden band at the end of the pencil. The pencil is longer than the usual Faces Long Wear Eyeliner pencils.
My experience with Lakme Glide On Eye Color-Metallic Black:-
The liner is creamy and glides on smoothly on eyelids without any tugging. I was a little disappointed with its pigmentation. The liner is not jet black in color but more of a grayish black. The liner might not appear well on dark-pigmented eyes in a single swipe but color can be builded up.
The color sets within seconds and once set the liner doesn’t smudge or smears. Normally creamy liners get transferred to the upper- lid but I haven’t faced any such issue with this liner. The liner stayed intact for good 7-8 hours without fading.
I have also used this liner on the lower-lash line and it stayed good there with a little smearing due to its creamy texture but didn’t gave me raccoon eyes.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
- Swatches of Faces Canada Long Wear Eye Pencils
- Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal in Just Green
- Chambor Dazzle Smooth Transfer-Proof Eye Pencil – Black Dazzle
Pros of Lakme Glide On Eye Color-Metallic Black Review:-
- Glides smoothly on eyelids without any tugging.
- Pencil is well pigmented but more than single swipe is required to get the right color.
- Contains fine shimmers which are smooth and not chunky or OTT
- Does not smudge or smear once set.
- Staying power is good. The liner stays intact for good 7-8 hours.
- Contains silver shimmers which gives a nice metallic look
- Due to its creamy texture can be used for Black brown smoky eye makeup ;looks.
Cons of Lakme Glide On Eye Color-Metallic Black Review:-
- It is not the blackest black but grayish black shade.
- Product gets wasted while sharpening and I personally prefer retractable pencils than these.
- Price is on the higher side and there are other options available(e.g. faces pencils) in lower price.
Recommendation:-If you are bored out of your regular matte eyeliner then Lakme Glide On Eye Color-Metallic Black eyeliner can be given a try but if you are looking for dark black liner then this can be given a miss. In Shimmer (metallic) finish, I liked Lakme Fantasy liner in Midnight moon a lott.
Which was the first makeup product you used? Have you tried Lakme Glide on Eyeliner in Metallic Black?