Jafra Spa Ginger and Seaweed Bath and Shower Gel, Body Massage Cream
Today, I am reviewing my favorite shower gel and body lotion combination these days. Jafra Spa Ginger and Seaweed Bath and Shower Gel and Jafra Spa Ginger and Seaweed Body Massage Cream which I received as a gift from Jafra Spa in an Self-pampering event organized last month.
- Shower Gel: This incredible formula is a foaming, gentle body wash with Hawaiian sea plant extracts to help moisturize the skin. Experience the sensory benefits of aromatherapy. Enriched with skin-nurturing seaweed, this bath and shower gel cleanses and leaves skin moisturized all over. Complements the scent of Ginger and Sea Salt Body Rub
- Body Massage Cream : A smooth, elegant cream with seaweed extracts that are rich in minerals and nutrients to help renew and moisturize dehydrated skin.
- Shower Gel: Water/Aqua, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract,Panthenol, Sodium Cocoyl, Isethionate, Polyquaternium-10, Glycerin
- Body Massage Cream : – Water/Aqua, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water/Aqua, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Water/Aqua, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Saccharide Isomerate, Allantoin
- Sea plant extracts help moisturize the skin and provide a smooth and silky feel.
- Panthenolconditionstheskin and improves moisturization.
- Clinically, allergy, irritancy tested
Directions for Use:
- Shower Gel: Gently twist pump to unlock. Pour gel on hand. Massage over body and rinse. When bathing, pour gel into warm running water for maximum foaming.:
- Body Massage Cream : –Gently twist pump to unlock. Massage liberally over entire body.
Price: $17 for 250ml ( on Amazon.com)
Packaging: The Shower gel and Lotion both comes in a cylindrical translucent green colored plastic bottles with a pump dispenser. I like the minty green tint in the packaging, so summery and refreshing. The packaging is hygienic and convenient to use but I don’t find them travel friendly. Though, there is lock functionality but there is always a probability of the bottle getting unlocked during travel.
My Experience with Jafra Spa Ginger and Seaweed Shower Gel and Body Massage Cream:
Spa Ginger and Seaweed Bath and Shower Gel : It has a slightly thick gel like consistency, tad thicker than The Body Shop Shower Gels. The shower gel is light green color which lathers well with a loofah. I need 2-3 pumps of the gel depending upon if I would like to have rich soapy lather or just enough to cleanse my skin. It has a mild cucumber fresh fragrance, with a subtle spiciness of ginger (not sure if seaweed have any fragrance and what kind of it is) just like the ones you would prefer in summers. But sadly, it is short lived and the fragrance vanishes even before I step out of the shower.
The gel cleanses skin nicely leaving it mildly hydrated, that means normal-dry skinned ladies can skip on layering with body lotion but my super dry skin will be happy if i provide it with little more moisturization and the corresponding Jafra Body Lotion works best for me.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: My shower Gel Collection
Spa Ginger and Seaweed Body Massage Lotion: This lotion has extremely thin and runny texture but that only makes it apt for sweaty summers. It is minty green colored lotion with a watery feel that applies effortlessly on skin and within seconds it sinks deep into the skin nourishing it from deep under without leaving any greasy residue or slippery feel. The lotion also has similar cucumber fresh fragrance just a tad stronger and a dash of fruity notes compared to the Shower Gel but not like the usual fruit scented lotion. The texture and feel of the lotion reminds me of the Parachute Summer Fresh Lotion with similar fragrance (I suppose) and the same light weight feel. The only glitch here is that the fragrance is short-lived and within minutes of application it diffuses to undetectable levels.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Bath and Body Works Body Wash – Japaense Cherry Blossom
Pros of Jafra Spa Ginger and Seaweed Shower Gel and Body Massage Cream:
- Shower gel cleanses well
- Doesn’t dry out my skin
- Body Massage cream has light weight texture
- Gets absorbed quickly
- Doesn’t feel sticky or oily
- Fresh cucumber fragrance
- Infused with natural skin nourishers
- Hygienic Packaging
- Great for summers
Cons of Jafra Spa Ginger and Seaweed Shower Gel and Body Massage Cream:
- Availability might be an issue
- Fragrance doesn’t last long
- Contains SLES and SLS as top ingredients
Recommedation: Jafra Spa Ginger and Seaweed Shower Gel and Body Massage Cream makes a great combination for summers. The Shower gel lathers well and gently cleanses away the impurities without sucking the moisture of skin. Body Massage cream as opposed to its name has a light watery lotion like texture which spreads nicely and gets absorbed within seconds. I just wish their fresh cucumber fragrance would have lasted a little longer on me. If you prefer fresh and clean fragrances which are not overpowering for summers, do give them a try.
Have you tried Jafra Spa Ginger and Seaweed Shower Gel and Body Massage Cream? Which is your favorite Body Lotion in summers?
PS: Products provided by the brand for consideration