Eye Makeup Tutorial – Soft Pink and Purple Eyes
This is not one of my favorite looks but one of the most time consuming one not because of any talent, art or finish it required but the duds with which I was trying to get the look.
Steps to Achieve the Look:
- Prepared eyes using tinted under eye roll-on or concealer.
- Swiped the NYX Jumbo Eye pencil in Milk bean all over the lids and blended out with fingers. White provides base to lighter shades and makes them look pigmented and brighter
- Using the Vega Flat Eye shadow brush picked up the lightest pink shade from the Revlon Custom Eyes palette in Rich Temptations. I was highly disappointed at the pigmentation of this shade. I have literally scraped brush over it to get some color on lids. Not only it has disgustingly hard texture but also poorly pigmented and give just a hint of pink on eyes. I have used almost 10 swipes of this useless shade but still couldn’t get it to the desired color payoff.
- So, I tried the Maybelline Diamond Glow Eye Shadow Quad in Lilac Mauve and used it 2nd shade using the same shader brush. Limit the color from the inner corner to half of your lid just below the crease area.
- Now using the same brush or a different flat shader brush pat the darker plum shade on the rest of the lid area, safeguarding the outer-corners and the crease. This one however was fairly well pigmented but the texture was again stiff similar to the pink one .. ufff..
- The worst is over, now it time to use the best eye shadow of the lot.. Now using a fluffy brush I used Faces eye shadow brush pick up the Shimmery purple eye shadow from the Inglot Eye Shadow Palette and blended it on the crease area in a wiping motion and on the outer-V corners of the lids. Repeat the step to build it up to desired intensity.
- Kohl waterline using Bourjois Kohl & contour Noir Expert Pencil.
- To take the effect to the lower lash line I used the Lakme Absolute Shader brush and Inglot Shimmery purple eye shadow
- Highlight your inner eye corners and brow bone using the Colorbar single eye shadow in Gorgeous Gold.
- Define the upper lash line using the Bourjois Kohl & contour Eye-Pencil
- Finish off with a Maybelline Colossal water-proof mascara
After all this fuss I was aghast to see my under eye area which was full of eye shadow fall out, and mistakenly out of hurry I tried to sweep clear off the color and damn the color swiped against the skin coloring it all plummy pink. I tried clearing it with a wet –tissue but I barely did any good as the damage was far from repair. Still, I tried buffing it up using the Revlon Compact with the Bourjois Kabuki brush and it did help me to some extent.
I paired it up with Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick Coral pink here but I feel it could have been better with a rosy pink or n*de lip gloss
- Garnier Tinted Eye Roll On
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil- Milk Bean
- Revlon Custom Eyes Rich Temptation– Light Pink and Plum
- Maybelline Diamond Glow Eye shadow Quad – Peachy brown (2nd)
- Vega Flat Eye shadow brush
- Faces Eye shadow brush
- Lakme Absolute Eye Shader Brush
- Inglot Eye shadow Palette- Shimmery Purple
- Colorbar Single Eye Shadow Gorgeous Gold
- Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye pencil-Noir Expert
- Maybelline Colossal Mascara- Waterproof
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
How did you like this Soft Pink Purple eye look? Which is your favorite eye makeup look Monochrome or Smokey?