Eye Makeup Tutorial: Silver Smokey Eyes
I am more into colorful eye shadows but at the same time I am crrrazzyy for smokey eyes. I have shared this Shades of Gray look with you few days back and here comes the Step by Step tutorial for Eye makeup.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Sonam Kapoor Cannes Inspired Eye Makeup
Steps to Achieve this Smoldering Silver Smokey Look:
- Start with prepping your lids with a concealer and primer
- To amplify the bright silver look, go for a white Eye shadow base. I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk Bean and line my upper lash line,
- With a smudger brush, blend the shade over the middle of lid where we are going to apply the silver eye shadow.
- Using a Flat Shader brush pick up Metallic Grayish Silver Eye shadow and with patting motion apply it over the lids, till you achieve the desired color payoff
- For Smokey outer corner, we will go for an intense matte black eye shadow. Dab the Pencil Smudger brush in the black and define the outer V-corner.
- Blend in the black with silver with a Small blending Brush. We need to maintain the outer-V shape to move the brush in small strokes to keep the definition. Also, make sure black is restricted to outer 1/3rd of the eye.
- Apply kohl on waterline and outer 1/3rd of lower lashline
- Pick up the same Pencil Brush and smudge black eye shadow over the lash line, leaving inner 1/3rd of lower lash line.
- With an Angled Shading Brush, apply the same silver eye shadow on the tear duct and inner 1/3rd of lower lash line.
- Time to line up the upper lash line with your favorite Black liner
- I am not going for blending in the crease as the looks demands an edge. So, just highlight brow bone with your favorite highlighter
- Define brows using a brow pencil/powder, I used Sleek Brow kit to tame those unruly hair, this step can be done in the starting as well.
- Curl up the lashes and coat them black with Mascara.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Kareena Kapoor Lakme Illusion Inspired Eye Makeup
The silver on the lids didn’t look half as bad as I had expected and the black made it even more wearable. The wing makes my eyes look bigger and better, see the difference.
List of Products Used:
- L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer
- Bourjois Paris Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil – Noir Expert
- Accessorize Eye Shadow Palette – You Are Everything
- MUA Extreme Curl Mascara
- MAC Face and Body Foundation
- Colorbar Shimmer Brick – Coral Hint
- INGLOT Lipstick #206 a Coral Cravings
- L’Oreal Super Liner – Black
- SIGMA Makeup Blending Brush – E35
- SIGMA Makeup Pencil Brush – E30
- SIGMA Makeup Shading Brush – E55
- Lakme Absolute Eye Shading Brush
- The Body Shop Kabuki Brush
This is my complete look..