My Daily Office Makeup Routine
Hello fellow Makeup Addicts,
Recently, one of my friends asked me about my daily make-up routine and I was confused for a moment do I actually have one. But after a few second of mind blogging, I was sure that I do have a makeup routine during the week because I carry limited makeup stuff to office and keep testing, swatching of the products for the weekends.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout:11 Must have products in my Makeup Stash
It is not something you would expect from a beauty blogger :p .. but I keep it minimal as far as possible. I don’t experiment much with my daily office makeup as there is very little scope and time as well. You can call it a 5 Minute Makeup routine as it doesn’t take more than that.. quick and easy !!
So let’s start with My Daily Office Makeup Routine:
I start with preparing my skin by applying a light face moisturizer/ preferably with a sunscreen (SPF 30) is enough for winters. I have a dry skin so I cant think of skipping this step. Some of the Moisturizers I love
- Lotus Herbals Alpha Moist Lotion – An affordable face moisturizer with creamy texture, that spreads easily and absorbs quickly while providing enough moisturization to my dry skin and there is no sticky feel at all.
- Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Lotion – I have been using it lately and it does a great job in keeping dryness at bay and have light texture that works nicely without leaving any residue behind.
I won’t go in details of skincare as it will be too distracting, may be will cover that in a separate post. Let me know, if you would like me to do a post on daily skin care routine.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout:9 Affordable eye shadow Palettes in India
Face Makeup Routine:
Less is more for me in my winter makeup routine as I am not very particular about using anything on daily basis but only when my skin looks dull or weird .. those bad skin days you know.. 😛 . I am done with most of the BB/CC creams that hit Indian makeup industry like Lakme CC cream, Garnier BB Cream, Maybelline BB stick and there is no new exciting launches happening that will actually tempt me to go ahead and buy. I don’t like to suffocate my skin on daily basis with any base so I skip on the foundation part.
- L’oreal True Match Concealer: I confess that is my least used product, as I don’t opt for concealers on a day to day basis but whenever I have to, this L’Oreal True Match Concealer is just right . The concealer has a light medium coverage and will cover darkness/ under eye pigmentation to a good extent and without all that creasing and extra efforts of blending.
- INGLOT Pressed Powder: The texture is more or less like a loose powder which buffs in quickly into the skin. This is just perfect for my dry skin with its non-powdery coverage. I know I am in dire need of a new face powder but the stars are not favouring me. Will soon get myself one from The Body shop or L’Oreal True Match… 😉
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: My favourite Foundation from MAC
Eye Makeup Routine:
This is my favourite part of daily makeup routine. I love doing my eyes and I have some staple and all time favourites eye liners always in my bag. I keep the eye makeup simple for office with the help of some basic eye liners/eye pencils shades like black and brown. Though I feel incomplete without colours, so there are some must have coloured eye liners in my bag that cheer me up!
My favourites –
- Faces Long wear eye pencils – Forest Green, Turquoise Blue: I have loved these coloured eye liners. Available in many shades like Blue, Green, purple and the formula is excellent, pigmented , creamy and lasts whole day without fading!
- Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal in Just Green: I have started using it on waterline and I am impressed with its long lasting abilities and yes it doesn’t cause any irritation. It is my first colored eye liner that I used up as Kajal. Smooth, creamy, smudge – proof texture..!
- Bourjois Kohl & contour Eye Pencil – Noir Expert: It is soft and super creamy, intensely pigmented eye pencil. I love it as kohl. Though it is not smudge proof but it works well on me.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Best Kohl / Kajal in India
Lips Makeup Routine:
I keep a range of lip colours in my bag and that includes pink, red, orange and a neutral brown shade in particular which I switch in a week or two, so as to rotate my whole collection. Some of the daily favourites this season:
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Ravishing Red – A warm medium red that looks flattering on my skin tone, my favorite Red Lipstick.. I can’t stop raving about this lipstick with excellent combination of moisturising and long lasting formula.
- INGLOT Lipstick Palette – This is a must have for me, It has almost all the shades of my liking like a Bright pink, subtle Coral, peppy orange and a daily wear pink. I am planning to replace the Red with a nude shade and it will just be perfect lip palette for me!
You will also Enjoy:
What is your daily Makeup Routine/Office makeup routine? What are the staple products in your makeup bag?