Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes Review: Pink & Plenty and Whooping Willow
Eye Shadow sticks are everywhere..arent they? Now, we have some amazing options from drugstore brands as well but I guess Clinique Chubby Sticks were the first one and trendsetter too.
Eye shadow sticks really appealed to me because I’m always on the go, so I really like eye shadows that don’t require much brush work and are creamy, pigmented and long-lasting. So let’s checkout Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes review and check if they are worth it.
Product Description: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes
- Sheer wash of lightweight, creamy colour slips on.
- Layerable and long-wearing. Versatile, too.
Glide one on for a swift wash of colour.
- Contour with another to add depth, and yet another to highlight. There’s no need to stop at just one.
- Appropriate for sensitive eyes and contact lens-wearers.
Directions To Use:
- Apply directly to eyelids.
- Blend gently upward and outward; build to desired intensity.
- Layer with multiple shades.
- Never needs sharpening: simply swivel up to reveal more eye shadow.
- Recap after each use; an audible click tells you it’s securely closed.
- Remove with your favorite Clinique eye makeup remover.
Price: Rs. 1450 for 3gms
Packaging: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes comes in a chubby crayon like tube with retractable mechanism. They have a silve base and cap while the rest of the body carries the shade of the crayon. The color coded packaging makes it really easy to identify the shade. Very convenient to use and carry along.
My Experience with Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes:
Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes are available in 12 Gorgeous shades.
- Pink & Plenty is a light baby pink shade with beautiful golden sheen. It resembles rose gold in hand swatches and really like it but it doesn’t transfer well on lids and looks ashy. Even after swiping it like 10 times I can barely see the hint of color on lids.
- Fuller Fudge is a medium olive green shade with golden sheen and some tiny gold flecks. It applies very well on the lids and in 2-3 swipes gives true to the tube color. It is one such shade that can be worn alone or paired with some warm browns. It works very well for olive Indian skintones.
Texture: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes have creamy texture but they aren’t as creamy as some of the other eye shadow sticks I have tried. There is slight dryness in the texture because if which I have to apply it with a slight pressure to get the color pay off.
Formula: These Chubby Eye shadow Sticks are drier and stiffer compared to other eye shadow crayons. Also these Chubby Eye shadow Sticks are weak at the base and break easily so be careful not pop out large amount.
Pigmentation: These Clinique Chubby Eye shadow Sticks have average color pay off and they aren’t super pigmented. They need at least 2-3 swipes to give good color while some shades like Pink & Plenty are exceptions and don’t show up at all.
Longevity: Clinique Chubby Eye shadow Sticks were quite disappointing in this area too as they doesn’t last long on eyes. Even on primed lids they last for 5-6 6 hours after which they start showing signs of fading. Only oily lids when applied directly they fade and crease within 3hours of application.. :O
Recommendation: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes have been quite disappointing for me. The texture could have been creamier, softer and smoother, the formula could have been more pigmented which lasts longer on oily lids. The color blends in beautifully and that’s the only thing that I like in its formula. The shades are pretty but they perform as good as expected. Other than the beautiful packaging and swivel mechanism I didn’t really liked anything. I feel that are many other eye shadow sticks out there in lesser price and with much better quality so you can tptally skip these. 😛
- Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes Fuller Fudge:3/5
- Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes Pink & Plenty: 1/5
Have you tried Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes? Which is your favourite Chubby Eye Shadow Stick?