Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil – Prune Moderne(75) Review, EOTD
I was looking for a pink eyeliner but was not able to find any and when I saw “Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil – Prune Moderne(75) “, I was sure that I am going to have this.
Product Claims: (From Website)
- Intense colour up to 16Hrs!
- Enriched with pure pigments, this kohl allows for an intense result from the very first stroke and lasts up to 16 hours*.
- Its soft and blendable formula is ideal to apply both on the inner and outer rims of the eye.
- Hypoallergenic, with natural wax and vitamin E, it is gentle on the delicate eye contour area.
- Ultra Black-71
- Noir Expert-72
- Gris Ingenieux-73
- Prune Modene-75
- Brun Delicieux-77
- Brun Design-78
- Bronze Raffine-79
- Vert Expressif-80
- Bleu Vituous-81
- Bleu Graphique-82
Price:- Rs.260 for 1.14gm
Packaging:- The liner comes in a sharpenable wooden pencil form. The pencil is colored the same as the liner shade with a matching plastic cap which makes it easy to locate in the liners stash. You might feel that the size of the pencil is a bit small but you get more applications from the same amount hence will last longer.
My experience with Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil – Prune Moderne(75):-
The liner “Prune Morderne” (French word which means “Modern Plum”) is a beautiful plum shade with brown undertones. It appears to be a matte shade but it has fine blue and purple shimmers which are barely visible but gives a subtle sheen to it. I love to pair this with Plum/peachy blushes.
The liner is creamy and glides easily on the lids. The pencil is decently pigmented but goes light on lids and to get the desired intensity on the lids you will need 2-3 swipes of this liner due to which it might be a little difficult to draw thin lines. It is less creamier than the Faces Long Wear Eyeliner pencils but will break under pressure. The color looks nice on the eyes lids.
This liner can be used as a liner as well as kohl. It claims to be Opthamologists tested so can be worn safely on the waterline. I used it once on my waterline for testing purposes and it didn’t irritate or sting my eyes. The color goes very faint and light and don’t find it good enough to be worn on water line but I am going to try its “Black Brothers”(Noir Expert) which are next on my list.
The liner stays long when worn as an eyeliner but fades by the end of the day and does get transferred to the upper lash line due to its soft creamy texture. The liner doesn’t sets unlike faces liners and gets smudged easily when blended. It gets removed easily with a make-up remover or a creamy cleanser.
Pros of Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil – Prune Moderne(75):-
- Beautiful plum shade which gives a nice matte finish with a subtle sheen to it.
- Soft and smooth texture which glides beautifully on eyes.
- Decently pigmented and 2-3 stroke of this liner shows true color on eyes.
- Opthomologists tested so safe for water line application and sensitive eyes.
- Staying power is good, stays on eyes all day long when applied on upper lash line with a little fading but no smudging until touched.
- Smudges easily if blended and can be used to create soft smokey look.
- Comes off easily with a cleanser or makeup remover.
- It claims to contain natural wax and vitamin E
- Available in a number of shades to choose from.
Cons of Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil – Prune Moderne(75):-
- Being a sharpenable pencil it leads to product wastage. But, if we go for retractable mechanical liners we get much less the amount for the same price.
- Breaks under pressure due to its creamy texture.
- Transfers to the upper eye area so not the best choice for oily lids.
- Bourjois products are not easily available in stores as it has very few counters in malls.
Recommendation:- Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil – Prune Moderne(75) is a beautiful purple shade which is not easily available in other brands. The liner is soft and creamy which can also be blended to get that soft Smokey look. Being Ophthalmologists tested it can safely used with contact lenses and wont irritate sensitive eyes too. This may be not be the best color to try on water liner but it looks beautiful when worn as an eyeliner.
The silky smooth texture, pigmentation and good staying power and liner + kohl feature makes it a good liner. I like this liner but the color pay off could have been a little better. It might be the case only with this shade so I am planning to try the black and blues from this range. Recommended for its unique color!
Have you tried Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil? Which color you like wearing the most other than Black?