10 Best Ways to Detoxify your Body Post Diwali
Since the festival of lights, Diwali just passed by, everyone just had a reason to stuff their mouths full with all the delicious mouth-watering treats. It lead to gaining a few extra pounds; pounds that you spent working out at the gym in the first place. With all the deep fried foods, sweets and the unhealthy junk foods that you ate, it not only added some flab to your body but also disturbed your healthy routine. Now what you need more than ever is to cleanse your body of all the junk and start a detoxification process. Body Detoxification helps in cleansing out the digestive system and will make you feel healthier. There are many easy and effective ways to detoxify your body after festive season binging.
So, Today we’re going to share with you the 10 best ways to detoxify your body post Diwali.
Best Ways to Detoxify your Body Post Diwali: Top 10
- Get Back to the Gym– If you’ve taken a long break from the gym, get back to it or any sort of physical activity. Get moving and make sure to be consistent with your workout. Cardio is the best way to detox your body after all those Diwali treats.
- Start your day with Lime water- Let the first thing that you drink after getting up be lime water. Take a glass of lukewarm water and squeeze the juice of half a lime in it. Drink that on empty stomach everyday as it will help you flush out the toxins.
- Detox Water- Make yourself a jar full of detox water the night before and drink this throughout the day. Take a jar full of water and add some slices of cucumber, some leaves of mint and a few pieces of ginger. Let it sit overnight in the fridge and sip it the next day.
- Reduce Sugar Intake– After living on sweets during Diwali, it’s time to say no to sugar for some time. And that includes the sugar that goes into your tea or coffee as well. Instead you can go for natural sugars kike Jaggery which arent as harmful as regular sugar.
- Include Detox foods- Along with the other steps; you can include some foods that help in detoxification in your diet such as beetroot, apples, garlic, ginger and cabbages.
- Citrus Fruits– Eat citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, sweet lime and so on. These citrus fruits not only aid in weight loss but help in improving your digestion and detoxify your body.
- Drink a Lot of Water- No surprise here, water is the best way to detoxify your body. During the festive season, it’s easy to lose track of your water intake. But it’s time to get back on track and include 3-4 liters of water in your routine every day.
- Eat fresh fruits or Veggies– If you’ve also gained a few pounds and need to lose the bloating weight and cleanse your body, you might think starving your body will do it, but no, it will only slow down your metabolism. So eat like usual but include salads in your routine.
- Cut Back on Oils- Now the last thing your body needs for a cleanse is more oil. So cut back on all fried foods and use the least amount of oil to cook your meals now.
- Eat frequently but Lesser portions– Eat something every 2 hours to keep your metabolism in check and a better detoxification of your body. Don’t stuff up all in once, but eat smaller portions frequently.
These are the 10 Best Ways to Detoxify your Body Post Diwali or any binging session. Following a detox diet will naturally cleanse your system amd start the detoxification process. You can go for Detox drinks or prepare a detox diet plan to get started and flush out toxins from your body.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Would you like to try these 10 Best Ways to Detoxify your Body Post Diwali?
Author: Pushpa Bhaskar
PS: I do not claim the ownership of images used here