Best Sunscreens In India: Oily and Dry Skin
We all rush for Sunscreens in Summers but when they tend to leave me with an oily face and sticky feel, I am better off without any sunscreen at all. However, it is quite important to have sunscreen on to protect skin from those damaging UV rays and tanning to enjoy a healthy, glowing skin. And, if you are still searching for Best Sunscreens In India for you skin, then this post if for you.
Today I have compiled a list of Top 10 sunscreens in India for Oily skin and Dry skin, which will help you choose one for your skin type.
Tips on Using Sunscreen:
- Must not skip on sunscreen where it is rainy, cloudy or freezing cold outside because even if there is no SUN, the harmful UV rays are in the environment which causes freckles and leads to premature ageing of the skin.
- Higher SPF is not always better, minimum of SPF 30 is a must and good enough to provide coverage and block a max of UVA rays. Use higher SPF if you have to spend more time out in the sun
- Keep your skin is shielded from the adverse effects of the sun like skin darkening and age spots by wrapping scarves and stoles when you head out. ( I always do that!!!)
- Apply daily a generous amount of the sunscreen on face and neck or any area that will be exposed directly in the Sun.
- Apply before 15-20min before stepping out so the sunscreen gets absorbed nicely into the skin to provide protection.
- It is also best to reapply sunscreen after every 4 hours for best protection.
I hope you enjoy the video version of this post too:
List of Best Sunscreens In India:
- L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Aqua Essence SPF 30 PA+++ (Rs 475 /30ml ): L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Aqua Essence SPF 30 PA+++ is ideal for Everyday Use. It has light, non sticky texture that gets easily absorbed in Skin and provides effective sun protection. I love this sunscreen as it feels comfortable on skin and no white cast or suffocating feel at all. It is one of the Best Sunscreens for normal/dry skin in summers. Oily and combination skin will love it in winters.
- Lotus Herbals 3 In 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock SPF 40 (Rs 225 /60gms): Lotus Herbals 3 In 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock SPF 40 is one of the best sunscreens in India. With tinted moisturizing formula it provides a light cover to the skin while protecting it from harmful UV rays. Its light texture that blends completely into the skin. It suits all skin types. It is also available in Gel version with SPF 50. It mattifies skin and no white cast or sticky feel at all! One of the most popular Sunscreen In India.
- Sunprotek Gel SPF 50 PA+++ (Rs 488/50 Gram): The sunscreen might not be available online but can be easily bought from chemist shops. It has gel formulation which glides smoothly on skin and the SPF 50 provides better protection as compared to normal sunscreen formulations available in the market. It feels light on skin and you feel clogging or suffocation after applying a layer of it as with other sunscreens. It is also available in SPF 30 version. One of the best sunscreen for Oily skin.
- Sunmate Gel Cream SPF 30 PA+ (Rs 490/50gm): Another Gel based and medicated sunscreen for Oily Skin. The Gel cream has a super light feel to it and has a soft matte finish which works best for oily skin. If it is super dry for your normal dry skin apply a light layer of moisturizer underneath and you are good to go!
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50 (Rs 500/50 ml): This Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50 contains Neutrogena’s exclusive Helioplex technology to provide broad spectrum protection to your delicate skin. It is a Dermatologist-tested formula and good for use on normal and combination skin types. It is waterproof and sweat proof. It has slightly sticky texture and gives a dewy finish but protects skin from tanning to a great extent. My favorite Sunscreen for face and definitely the best Sunscreen in India for the price.
- Avene Eau Thermale Very High Protection Emulsion SPF 50 (Rs 1250/50ml): Emulsion is meant for dry and sensitive skin but there is another version for Oily/combination skin. This sunscreen provides good protection and is effective against all sun radiation (short and long UVB-UVA). The formula is Paraben-free, water-resistant and 100% photostable. It has light and non greasy texture which applies easily and no white cast issues.
- Sebamed Sun Care Multi Protect Sun Cream SPF 50+ (Rs 1500/150ml) : It is one of the best sunscreen when it comes to protecting skin against tanning but it has thick creamy formula which feels heavy and it also has a greasy texture which wont work for oily skin but for dry normal it can be a good sunscreen. A great option for a good Sunscreen for Dry Skin.
- Ansolar Daily Use Skin Gel Creme SPF 30 (Rs650/60gm) – Another medicinal sunscreen in the list but I tell you these are more effective than most of the drugstore ones. It is a wonderful sunscreen with water-resistant formula. It has gel like texture but isn’t as light weight as most of the gel based sunscreens, though it doesn’t leaves any white film on skin so Yayy!! One of the Best Sunscreen for sensitive skin 🙂
- Vichy Capital Soleil Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch SPF 50 (Rs 1090/50ml) Vichy sunscreen is on my wishlist and will be getting it next. This one is for oily/combination skin but there is another one in cream for dry /normal skin. It has a light-weight formula, no greasiness and matte finish which make it perfect for summers. It protects skin from all type of sun damage. Vichy has the best Sunscreens for Oily and Dry Skin in India.
- La Roshe Posey Sunscreen SPF 50 Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid (Rs 1900/50ml) – Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen is composed of titanium dioxide which defend against UVA rays. It is liquid sunscreen which contains mineral based sun filters and antioxidant complex called Cell-Ox Shield. This sunscreen is PABA and paraben-free and non-comedogenic to prevent skin irritation. It is quite heavy on pocket but it does full justice to its price, another one in my wishlist! :). Best Sunscreen for acne-prone, Sensitive skin.
Bonus: Luxury Sunscreens
- Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense Sunscreen SPF 45 (Rs 2252/ 30ml) – This Clinique sunscreen is loved by all. It absorbs completely into the skin leaving behind no traces of oil or greasiness. It is a 100% non-chemical sunscreen which justifies its price. The initial white case disappears in few minutes of application and it wears well under makeup as well. Best Natural Sunscreen for Oily Skin.
- Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense Spf 50+ (Rs 2500/30ml): One of the most expensive sunscreens but we all know how Kiehl’s skin care range is par above the rest.It is an ultra-lightweight SPF 50 sunscreen with a non-greasy, non-irritating formulation. It is Oil-free, Water-resistant and has lightweight formula which can be easily worn under make-up application. One of the best natural sunscreen for face.
This is my list of best sunscreens available in India and I have tried to cover it for both Oily and Dry skin! Now you can enjoy long hours on beach, desert safaris, shopping in flee markets without worrying about get tanned!
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
PS: One more sunscreen that I recently tried out and needs a mention here is Organic Harvest Sunscreen SPF30 – It has a lovely texture, mild scent and non greasy formula. I quite liked the way it feels on skin. You must try that out!
You might love to checkout this research done on Sunscreens and how they were compared to pick the Best Sunscreen /Sunblock from all
Have you tried any of these Sunscreens? Which one is your favorite?