Bath & Body and Skin Care Routine This Month @ July 2013
I have already shared my Makeup Favorites of the month (Here) and wanted to share my skin care favorites too but when I looked into my stash, I could there are no favorites as such. So, instead of favorites I am doing this post as my skin care routine this month. Starting with the list of products on my Bathroom Shelf.
- Biotique Papaya Scrub (Review Here)
- Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Therapy Shampoo (Review Here)
- Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Therapy Conditioner (Review Here)
- Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path Body Lotion (Review Here)
- Aveeno Positively Nourishing Body Wash (Review Here)
1. Biotique Papaya Scrub – I am having it for more than a year but it remained unused as face scrub as I am more than happy with the Lotus Whiteglow Scrub (Review Here). So, put it to use by started using it as a Body scrub and it does a good job at the front. I used to mix it with Scholl’s Rough Skin Remover (Review Here) which I finished last month to rub off dead skin layer from hard surfaces like elbows, knees and feet.
2. Organic Ever Straight Brazilian Therapy Shampoo/Organic Ever Straight Brazilian Therapy Conditioner – This is one such shampoo range that by far has been the best in providing me voluminous hair. I have oily scalp and hair turns limp and stick to the scalp by end of 2nd day of hair wash itself but with this I could go as far as 4 days without getting that limp feeling. Hair feels a bit rough on the day of head wash, when they start drying but they are at their best by next day. Shampoo is a bit drying so I put a heavy dose of conditioner but it made my hair looks healthy, glossy and bouncy.
3. Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path Body Lotion – I bought so many BBW body lotions and not all of them turned to my favorites list but this one became my best body lotion in the first sniff. I am happy that most of them have distinct fragrances but this one is the best smelling body lotion from BBW which diffuses soft romantic scent. I like its slightly thick texture, non-greasy formula which nourishes my dry skin well.
4. Aveeno Positively Nourishing Body Wash- I bought it during my US trip and can proudly say this has been the best ever body wash. Usually body washes are either creamy or give good lather or have scrubbing granules but this is mixture of all of these and that too at a pocket friendly price. It has thick creamy texture with exfoliating particles, it lathers well and leaves behind a smooth nourished skin. Its 5/5 for me.
Now coming to the Skin care part, here is the list of products I used last month.
- Votre Pore Shrinking Toner (Review Here)
- Dermocalm Lotion (Review Here)
- Cetaphil Sunscreen SPF 50+ (Review Here)
- Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Night Cream (Review Here)
- Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Eye Cream (Review Here)
- Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Serum (Yet to be Reviewed)
- Revayur Massage Cream (Review Here)
- Neutrogena Norweign Formula Lip Balm (Yet to be Reviewed)
- Lakme Deep Pore Cleanser (Review Here)
- Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup Remover (Review Here)
Oohh my gosh.. Lakme isn’t my favorite skin care brand still so many products from it.. :Feeling surprised!!.
1. Votre Pore Shrinking Toner – By far one of the best facial toners for my dry skin. Non-sticky, lightly moitursing.
2. Dermocalm Lotion - This is my second bottle of Dermocalm Lotion, it is something similar to Lacto Calamine. Just few drops of the lotion are enough. It give extremely sheer coverage and on my no makeup days I just apply it and follow with a pressed powder and I am good to go!!
3.Cetaphil Sunscreen SPF 50+ – My most expensive sunscreen till date. Gives good protection but goes a bit sticky and leaves a light whitish cast when used in excess. I tried so hard to like it but no, still hunting for my HG sunscreen.
1. Lakme Deep Pore Cleanser – This isn’t my favorite again but I love to massage it all over my face and it dissolves all the facial makeup. I don’t leave it for long as it may break me out. So, massage for a minute, wash it off with plain water and follow with regular face wash.
2. Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup Remover – This is by far the best makeup remover in a lovely pump dispenser packaging. It takes away all makeup even water-proof one in a single swipe and never ever irritated my eyes during removal process. It’s a bit oily so following with a good face wash is a must. A bit pricey but I like it for its effectiveness and mild formula.
1. Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Night Cream – The cream comes in a beautiful jar and has velvety smooth texture but that’s it. It does nothing more than hydrating my dry skin. It takes time to get absorbed and leaves a white cast too. I had high expectation from this night cream, but in vain.
2. Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Eye Cream – This is one of the most disappointing eye cream I have use. It did absolutely nothing for my slightly dark under eye area and took so much time to get absorbed. It also left those unwanted shimmer specks which made me dislike it even more.
3. Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Serum – This is the only product from lakme Youth Infinity range that is giving performing good. Apart from its pretty packaging I like its light creamy texture which sinks into the skin with a little massage. It doesn’t give a matte finish but a smooth moisturized look to the skin. So far so good, will be doing a full review soon..!!
4. Revayur Massage Cream- My most unused product of the year. :P. It remain unused for almost a year now, so now I am used it up as a hand & foot cream and massage with it before hittng the bed, just to finish it up!!
5. Neutrogena Norweign Formula Lip Balm- A clear lip balm with light weight, non waxy feel which nourishes lips leaving them soft and supple
What about you dolls.. What are you loving, hating or just trying to finish up!!