11 Most Loved Makeup products of 2014
How 2015 is treating you? .. I am sure you all will be having a great time! I have feeling a little low on “Shopping Vitamin” so need to recharge my battery by hopping around a bit and doing a itsy-bitsy makeup haul.. but before that I would love to share with you about the Best of Makeup Products of 2014. I have added quite a variety of makeup products in 2014 but still missed on many things which I would try to recover this year and catching up on every launch 😉
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: Best Illuminators/Highlighters In India
So, here is my list of 11 Most Loved Makeup products of 2014:
- L’Oreal Infallible Lipsticks (Rs.999 for 2.5gms) – L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lipsticks have light creamy texture that glides smoothly on lips with extremely pigmented and amazingly long wearing formula. I tried L’Oreal Paris Infallible Ravishing Red from the collection which is a lovely medium bright red with subtle shimmers which adds on the shine to the finish. It is a perfect red for warm Indian skin tones and can be carried easily. The color survived whole day and I could still see the red stain on lips in evening which required an oily makeup remover.
- Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blushes (Rs.250 for 7gms) – Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blushes are one of the best drugstore powder blushes in India. Formula-wise I would rate this much higher than the blushes even with double the price of this, its so soft and smooth. I used Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush Creamy Cinnamon which is a muted peachy blush in soft matte finish with fine shimmers which adds subtle glow. Must have in everybody’s collection
- Maybelline Hyperglossy Electric Liquid Liner – (Rs 275)- Maybelline Hyperglossy Electrics Eyeliner comes in 6 gorgeous shades with brilliantly pigmented formula. It goes absolutely opaque in 2 swipes without giving that crushed metallic look on eyes once it dries down which is common in metallic liquid liners. I loved Maybelline Hyperglossy Electric Liquid Liner Gold-iation, one of the prettiest yellow-gold liner, with superb metallic shine.
- Colorbar Just Smoky Kohl (Rs 650) –Colorbar Just Smokey Kohl/ Kajal have extremely smooth formula and creamy texture which feels soft and comfortable on lids. It is richly pigmented and sets fast to a transfer proof finish which stays put whole day. I have Colorbar Just Smoky Kohl Just Green, a pretty metallic green shade with shimmer specks. It is one of the best formulas for a transfer-proof and smudge-proof finish.
- Maybelline Colossal Kohl Turquoise (Rs 249 for 0.35 gm) – Maybelline Colossal Kohl Turquoise is a metallic teal blue shade with smooth creamy texture that gives an effortless application. It has impressed me with its formula and the rich colored pigments which give intense color in a single stroke. The best part is it sets to an almost smudge-proof, transfer-proof and fade-proof finish. One of the best colored Eye Pencil available in the Indian Market at such pocket-friendly price tag.
- Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist Eye Shadow Crayon (Rs 750 for 1.6 gms) -Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist eye shadow crayon are chubby eye shadow sticks with smooth creamy formula that glides easily on eyes and once applied I am sorted for whole day without worrying about , creasing and fading. These stick crayon are great for beginners who have just got introduced to eye makeup and doesn’t have the proper brushes or skills to play with powder shadows. Swipe the stick on the lids, blends with fingers and done , just one swipe and you get beautiful bronze all over your lids. I got Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist Eye Shadow Crayon Bronze, a gorgeous dark bronze brown shade with Metallic pearly sheen, that will flatter Indian skin tones.
- MAC Face and Body Foundation (Rs.1700 for 50ml) –MAC Face and Body foundation is a light coverage everyday foundation for normal to dry skin. It is a liquid foundation with runny texture which feels extremely light weight on skin. My skin looks natural, healthy and refreshingly fresh like a blooming flower. I just love the way it feels on my skin. It is almost undetectable on face, like I have nothing on and still faking a healthy skin glow ;). It creates an illusion of my Skin but Better, my skin feels happy and enlightened. ;). It looks great both in person and photographs, must have for dry skinned lasses
- MAC Strobe Cream (Rs 1950 for 50 ml) – MAC Strobe Cream has ultra – fine pearlescent pink and silver shimmers mix which imparts a healthy dewy glow to the skin and doesn’t make you look like a disco ball even on a day time. It can be used as a makeup base as it has hydrating properties with an additional benefit of pearly sheen. Its light weight formula with no visible shimmers (that is why I love it even more) making it suitable for oily skin and ladies with large pores. It feels great on skin and brightens up dull looking skin instantly
- INGLOT Pressed Powder #15 (Rs.1200 for 8gms) – INGLOT Pressed Powder #15 is a savior for dry skinned girls to control shine without looking chalky or dusted with a face powder. It gives a decent coverage on it own and can be used to set foundations. It has satin smooth formula which glides on nicely giving a natural matte look to the skin. It is expensive for a powder but the quality of the product great. The shade blends seamlessly with my skin tone which makes it the perfect powder for me. Even though it is pressed powder, I only need a small amount to covers full face. It makes a great compact for dry skinned girls
- The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Powder Foundation Brush (Rs.1495) – The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Powder Foundation Brush is a multi-purpose kabuki brush which can be used for Pressed powders, loose powders, foundations or even blusher application, basically anything or everything you would like to blend seamlessly on your face. The super soft round fluffy bristles feels comfortable against skin. The quality is excellent and worth investing, one of the best powder brushes. I absolutely love this brush and have become a must-have for me.
- Sleek Eye Brow Kit – Extra Dark (Rs. 700) – Sleek Brow Kit in Extra Dark is fully functional brow kit with pigmented wax, setting powder, tiny brushes, tweezer and a mirror. The brushes that come along with the packaging are of great help, I use the Angled one with Wax/Gel for shaping the brows and Tapered one for setting it with powder and finishing up the look.
- Don’t Miss to Checkout: 5 Awesome Orange Blushes
So, these are my favourite makeup products 2014, looking forward to test more and more of makeup in 2015.
What were your favourite Makeup Products of 2015? Share your list in comments.