10 Best Lip Liner Brands In India
“Lip liners are perfect partners for your lipsticks”. Lip Liners are not must have for everyone but if tend to wear darker lip colors or have thin lips than shades you surely need one to help you survive through the application and create an illusion of fuller lips .
Lip Liners not only highlight and define lips but also help in keeping the lipstick in place and prevent color bleeding which can look gross with darker colors. They are very versatile and can be used as a base for your lipsticks for a longer lasting color or on their own as lip color, you can top them with a Lip balm or gloss for a luscious tinted lip look.
They enhance the look of your lips and draws more attention to towards them. So, lets checkout what all option we have to pick lip liners from..
How to Apply Lip Liner:
- Line the contours of your upper and lower lip before applying lipstick. Start by drawing a thin line, from the center of the upper lip, then move to the bottom.
- Fill lips with lip liner for creating a base for Lipstick
- Follow with a lipstick or a gloss as you like
Benefits of Using a Lip Liner
- Provide definition to lips
- Helps lip color last longer
- Prevents feathering and bleeding.
List of Lip liners in India:
- Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Lip Liner- (Rs 450/3.5gm) – Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Lip Liner comes in an easy to use retractable packaging, which means no wastage during sharpening but the amount of the product provided for the price paid is quite less. The lip liner formula is quite smooth and creamy which glides easily over the lips giving them definition and also prevents lipsticks from moving around. It doesn’t feel drying on lips and improves the wear time of the lipsticks when worn underneath. The shade range is also limited to only 4 basic shades. Lakme also has sharpenable lip liners in Lakme Absolute 9 to 5 range which you might like to checkout too.
- Colorbar Defininer Lip Liner – (Rs550/ 1.45gms). The liner comes in a shaprenable pencil packaging with a sharpener cap and a colored bottom to easily identify the shade. The texture is super smooth and creamy which glides smoothly on lips giving an even and opaque coverage. It defined lips well and acts as a great base to lipstick increasing their lasting power on lips. It has a matte finish so it might feel dry on lips, you must exfoliate your lips before application The formula is smudge-proof and waterproof which lasts whole day and needs a good makeup remover to get it off the lips. These are available in 8 vibrant shades including reds, pink, orange, mauve Nudes and more.
- Bourjois Paris Levres Contour Lip Liner ( Rs. 295/1.14 gms) – Bourjois Paris Levres Contour Lip Liners comes in a wooden sharpenable pencil form. They have soft tip which defines lip with precision and prevents lipstick from wandering around for hours after application. The formula is well pigmented and wore comfortably because of it’s soft velvety finish. It sets to a matte finish which can be slightly drying on its own so you can pair it up with a gloss of a lipstick. Available in 12 beautiful shades to match each of your basic lip colors.
- Revlon Colorstay Lip Pencil – (Rs 550 / .25gm) – The Revlon Colorstay Lip Pencil comes in an convenient to use retractable pencil form and hence avoids any wastage of product due to sharpening but be careful as it only Twist up packaging and once the liner is out it cant be pushed back. The formula glides smoothly on lips which goes without tugging or pulling but isn’t soft enough to break during application. It doesn’t feel drying on lips, so even if you have dry lip the liner would wear comfortable without causing excessive dryness.
- Chambor Velvette Touch Lip Liner (Rs. 445) – Chambor Velvette Touch Lip Liner are wooden pencils with a beautiful pattern on the body. The texture isn’t super creamy but they glide nicely on lips and would make the lipstick last longer. The formula is enriched with Vitamin E and which claims to nourish lip but in their they could be drying so a lip balm is a must. They are available in 8 shade with all basic colors in the collection.
- L’oreal Paris Contour Parfait Lip Liner (Rs. 650) – L’oreal Paris Contour Parfait Lip Liners comes in colored pencil packaging. The liner is creamy enough to give smooth application but won’t let the color move around or bleed. The formula gets drying within minutes of application so you need to rush for a lip balm or gloss to hydrate your lips. Exfoliation before application might also help to keep your lips comfortable with this liner on. Only available in 4 shades.
- Deborah Extra 24 Ore Lip Pencil (Rs. 375) – Deborah Extra 24 Ore Lip Pencil have an extremely soft texture and glide easily across lips. The formula is enriched with Vitamin E for moisturizing properties and has intense color payoff. They are available in 12 gorgeous shades.
- The Body Shop Lip Liner (Rs. 600 /1.25 gms). The Body Shop Lip Liner comes in color coded packaging which makes it easily identifiable. The formula is intensely pigmented and has smooth consistency. The texture isn’t soft enough to break the tip during application so it applies easily. The formula feels drying on lips after few hours of wear so its not for dry lip or better exfoliate and prep lip in advance. Only available in 4 shades Beech , Mauve Berry, Mahogany, Rosy red.
- Diana of London Absolute Moisture Lip Liner (Rs. 325) – Diana of London Absolute Moisture Lip Liners are again wooden pencils with colored packaging and a transparent cap. The formula is creamy smooth that glides smoothly on lips. The liner is richly pigmented and defined lips easily and the formula isn’t super drying and wears comfortably for 3-4 hours after which you may feel the need of a lip balm but still you can continue for the day.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner – (Rs. 295/5 gms) – Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liners are available in 5 shades and comes in a sharepnable pencil form with colored packaging to make it easily identifiable. I got 4 of these lip liners and they do apply smoothly without drying out lips but the formula doesn’t adhere well and starts to smudge soon. Hence, they are not effective as lip liner to prevent the lipstick from bleeding. The lip liner can be worn underneath a lipstick but the staying powder isn’t enhanced much as the formula is creamy which starts loosing itself with the lipstick.
Apart from these affordable and drugstore Lip liners, there is more brand that should be mentioned here..!! yes thats “MAC”.
MAC Lip Pencils (Rs.1450/1.45gms) – MAC lip pencils are surely one of the luxuriest lip liners in India. The Mac lip pencils are available in a wide selection of colours and have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They have a beautiful pigmentation that can give an opaque coverage in single stroke. The formula however can be little drying based on the shade so one need to do proper moisturizing before application. The pencil comes in a standard ,matte black sharpenable packaging with a colored band at the bottom.
These are some of the best lip liner brands available in India and with these lip liners you needn’t worry about your deep colored lipsticks moving around while you flaunt well-defined lips.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Have you tried any of these Lip Liners? Do you prefer lining your lips?