10 Best Dry Shampoos In India: With Prices
It has been rightly said that “Necessity is the mother of all Inventions”, but in this case we can say that Laziness is the Mother of Dry Shampoos Invention. ;).. ! Well, it is somewhat true because if you are lazy to wash your hair even on a 3rd Or 4th day dry shampoo will let you be lazy and still enjoy oil free, bouncy tresses. But if you have an oily scalp and you have to wash hair almost every alternate day or you running late for an important meeting but having a Bad hair day …. well Dry shampoos will be your Hero.
What is Dry Shampoo:
- Dry Shampoo is sort of finely milled powder that you need to spray onto your hair roots and it will suck all the oil from the scalp giving you a fresh clean and bouncy hair again without actually washing your hair.
- It helps in extending the time between hair wash, so if you wash your hair in every 3/4 days using dry shampoo in between can help stretching the wash time by 2-3 days.
- It is water free way to freshen up hair instantly but is not a substitute for regular hair wash .
- It is best for situations when you don’t have time for a hair wash but still want to look your best
How to use Dry Shampoo :
- Hold can in an upright position Shake well before use.
- Spray on hair from six inches away from the hair. Spray evenly and close to the roots for cleansing the scalp. Spray on hair lengths to the ends for better texture
- Part hair section by section and spray dry shampoo to the root area.
- Massage it into scalp and leave on for two minutes.
- Brush out the excess spray particles and no need to rinse it off.
Issues with Dry Shampoos:
- The problem with majority of the dry shampoos is that it leaves a slight white residue behind which doesn’t merge well with natural hair color.
- As it absorbs excess oil from the scalp, it is not recommend for dry hair or dry scalp as it can lead to dandruff.
- It is best to get your hair washed before using the dry shampoo again or it will lead to built up on scalp.
We don’t have many options in India but here are some awesome Dry shampoos in India to suit your hair requirement in a seamless manner.
Best Dry Shampoos in India:
- BBLUNT Back To Life Dry Shampoo ( Rs 468 for 125 ml): BBLUNT Back To Life Dry Shampoo is a starch based shampoo which is specially created for Indian Hair. It has a pleasant scent which lingers on for long. The dry shampoo does a good job of absorbing excess grease & grime from the scalp and giving an instant boost to hair. It instantly freshens up your hair and keeps them dry and fresh for 1-2 days.
- L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art Fresh Dust Dry Shampoo ( Rs 950 for 150 ml) : L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art Fresh Dust Shampoo contains micro oils which help absorb dirt and impurities from hair.It leaves no residue and mildly cleans hair and scalp. Hair looks instantly fresh and the formula gives a beautiful texture to hair.
- Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo ( Rs 932 for 150 ml): Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo adds instant life to dull and dry hair with its moisturizing and voluminizing formula. Its weightless formula cleanses scalp and transform lifeless hair to bouncy tresses. It refreshes and revives hair between regular washes. Its mild fragrance leaves tresses slightly scented with soft and shiny appearance.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Cherry (Rs 1247 for 200 ml): Batiste Dry Shampoo is one of the most popular dry shampoo brand and the best thing is it available in 9 beautiful fragrances so you can pick the one you like the most. It has a lightweight formula which doesn’t make hair feel weighty. Just spray it lightly on your frizzy hair and get clean, fresh, smooth and tangle free hair instantly with added volume and texture. It has a mild scent which lasts for hours.
- Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo (Rs 1026 for 125 ml):Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo contains mineral clay and citrus which revives fine limp hair by removing excess oil and helps eliminating odor, leaving hair fresh and rejuvenated for hours. It is available in three different formulations which will help dry, oily and normal hair by strengthening, smoothening and adding more volume to the tresses. It cleanses effectively and doesn’t leave any visible residue behind. Also, it’s sweet citrusy scent makes it a pleasing experience
- Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo (Rs 893 for 100ml): Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo is a great option if you are looking to add volume to your tresses. It contains natural blend of orange and grape extracts which gives a refreshing citrusy scent ( common in Garnier Fructis Products) while working on lifting the oils from scalp. It refreshes hair instantly and gives a much needed voluminous boost to them
- TIGI Bed Head oh bee hive! Matte dry shampoo (Rs 1862 for 150 ml): TIGI Bed Head oh bee hive! Matte dry shampoo has extremely fine powder formula which quickly absorbs all the excess oil from the scalp. It also claims to add much volume to hair .. just like a bee hive :D. But it does have a string sweet Vanilla-mango scent which lasts for a while so be sure that you wont mind smelling like a fruit juice during the day 😉
- Pantene Pro-V Original Fresh Dry Shampoo (Rs 1909 for 145 ml): Pantene Pro-V Original Fresh Dry Shampoo contains tapioca extracts which absorbs all the greasiness from hair, leaving them soft and fluffy. It also has a pleasant scent but be warned that it is known to have packaging issues which stops working from 2-3 usages as the nozzle get clogged with the product.
- Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo (Rs. 1420 for 150 ml): Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo comes with keralock technology, which absorbs extra oils from the hair with the help of natural keratin protein formula. It cleans hair and make them feel fresh, smooth, soft and manageable.
- Keratin Complex Volumizing Dry Shampoo Lift Powder (Rs 3036 for 10ml):Keratin Complex Volumizing Dry Shampoo Lift Powder is one of the most expensive Dry shampoo especially here in India. The dry shampoo comes in a compact and easy to use packaging with a brush applicator which is very different from the rest. It is a dark colored powder so no white residue on the roots while it removes excess oil. It adds a significant volume to the hair and also refreshes and softens hair instantly.
So, these are my Top 10 dry shampoos available in India, which will instantly refresh your hair and make them fresh, soft, voluminous and manageable.
Have you tried any of these Dry Shampoos? Which is your favourite Dry Shampoo?