10 Best Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Thyroid Treatment
Thyroid is a serious issue these days. There are many people who are victims of this particular disease. Most of the people choose the medicinal methods but it will help controlling the issue and not solving it. On the other hand, yoga largely benefits the people who are suffering with thyroid. And with a good diet plan and Yoga, thyroid can actually be controlled and cured. While medicines will have some side effects, Yoga will only benefit the body and absolutely no side effects. So, lets see what is Thyroid and the 10 Best Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Thyroid Treatment: An Ayurvedic Treatment plan.
What is Thyroid?
The thyroid is a small gland located below the Adam’s apple in your neck. It secretes thyroid hormones thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), that directly influence protein synthesis, the metabolic rate and have a wide range of other direct and indirect effects. The thyroid gland is regulated by thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), which is made by the pituitary gland in the brain. Problems occur when the thyroid gland becomes either underactive (hypothyroidism) or overactive (hyperthyroidism). Thyroid problems are more common in women than men. Read more about Thyroid on Wikipedia
Causes of Thyroid
Thyroid disease sometimes result from inappropriate TSH levels produced by Pituitary gland, or may be caused by problems in the thyroid gland itself.
Common causes of hypothyroidism
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis,an autoimmune condition where the body makes antibodies that destroy parts of the thyroid gland
- Pituitary problems, hypothalamus problems, and iodine deficiency
Common causes of hyperthyroidism
- Graves’ disease : This condition occurs when the immune system produces an antibody that stimulates the entire thyroid gland; this leads to overactivity and higher levels of thyroid hormones.
- Toxic nodular goiter or toxic thyroid adenoma: Adenomas, abnormal nodules of tissue in the thyroid, constantly produce thyroid hormones even when they are not needed.
- Pituitary gland Malfunctions: When it makes too much TSH, leading to constant stimulation of the thyroid gland. A pituitary tumour may also cause TSH levels to rise. In some cases, the pituitary gland becomes insensitive to thyroid hormones and no longer respond to high levels.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism:
Hypothyroidism results in low levels of T4 and T3 in the blood. Not having enough T4 and T3 in the blood causes your metabolism to slow down. Common symptoms include:
- coarse and dry hair
- confusion or forgetfulness (often mistaken for dementia in seniors)
- dry, scaly skin
- fatigue or a feeling of sluggishness
- hair loss
- increased menstrual flow (women)
- intolerance to cold temperatures
- muscle cramps
- slower heart rate
- weight gain
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism:
Hyperthyroidism results in high levels of T4 and T3 circulating in the blood. These hormones speed up your metabolism. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- increased heart rate with abnormal rhythm or pounding (palpitations)
- high blood pressure
- increased body temperature (feeling unusually warm)
- increased sweating
- feeling agitated or nervous
- tremors in the hands
- feeling of restlessness even though the person is tired or weak
- increased appetite accompanied by weight loss
- interrupted sleep
- frequent bowel movements, sometimes with diarrhea
- puffiness around the eyes, increased tears, sensitivity to light, or an intense stare
- bone loss (osteoporosis)
- stopped menstrual cycles
Now, thyroid is very much treatable and the easiest way to control thyroid is Yoga. It will take some time to show the results but it doesn’t have any sideeffects. Sharing the 10 Best Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Thyroid Treatment.
10 Best Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Thyroid Treatment
- Bhujangaasan – The Cobra pose – In this asana, the person lies facing the floor and lifts front portion of the body like a cobra.
- Matsyasana – The Fish pose – In this asana, the person lies on the floor in the sleeping posture on the back and lift the front portion of the body with the support of hands.
- Uttanpadasana – The Raised foot poses – In this asana, the person lies on the floor on his back and lifts both the legs in the air in 90 degrees by balancing the hands on the floor.
- Simhasana – The Lion pose – In this asana, the person sits on crossed legs and back straight with hands placed on the leg. Fierceness must reflect in the eyes and tongue out.
- Ustraasan – The Camel pose – In this asana, the person sits on the knees and back erect. The person bends backward with the upper portion of the body bulging outward.
- Pranayam – Breaking exercise – In this asana, the person sits on the floor with folded hands as praying with closed eyes and does breathing exercise in a rhythmic manner.
- Urdhva Dhanurasana – The bow pose – In this asana, the person stands straight initially and bends backward in order to touch the floor with hands making the shape of a bow.
- Navasana – The Boat shape pose – In this asana, the person sits on the back and lifts the legs slightly making a 45 degree and stretches the hand straight towards the leg forming a V shape on the floor.
- Vajrasana – The Thunderbolt position – In this asana, the person sits on the crossed legs by resting the hands on the leg with straight back.
- Padmasana – In this asana, the person sits with folded legs and breathes in a rhythmic pattern.
So, this concludes my list of 10 Best Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Thyroid Treatment. These will help you control your Thyroid. You can add some specific pranayams to increase the efficacy of the Yoga Treatment.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
Author: Pushpa Bhaskar
PS: I do not claim the ownership of images used here