10 Benefits of Rosewater For Skin And How to use it
Rosewater is one of the easiest and cheapest beauty products that you can buy from your nearest beauty store. If you are planning to include natural product in your skincare regime start with Rose water. Rose water can be used in multiple ways for skin treatments like as toner, in a face packs etc. Rose water is like a magic potion which can magically transform your skin with regular use. Rose water works for all skin types so whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, you can add rose water to your beauty regime. Today, I am sharing some amazing Beauty Benefits of Rose water and how to use it in your skin care regime!
Tip: While purchasing rose water, make sure you buy 100% pure rose water only which is obtained through distillation.
Lets first talk about the Best Beauty Benefits of Rose Water:
10 Benefits of Rosewater For Skin and Hair:
- Rose water has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties, so it feels gentle on skin and keeps the skin problem free.
- Rose water has natural anti-inflammatory properties so it can help soothe and calm sensitive and irritated skin
- Rose water is filled with anti-oxidants and various vitamins, therefore, it can help prevent the signs of ageing and nourish the skin.
- Rose helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
- Rose water helps hydrate and revitalize the skin giving it a refreshing look.
- Rose water possesses astringent which helps to clean pores and tone the skin.
- The aroma of roses is very calming and if used on pillows it helps in sleep better after a long tiring day, so that you up rejuvenated.
- Rose scent is a great mood enhancer which soothes senses and get rids you of stress and anxiety making you feels more relaxed.
- Rose water owing to its anti-bacterial properties can treat mild scalp inflammations and help you get rid of dandruff.
- Rosewater has nourishing and moisturizing properties which works wonders as a natural conditioner and improves hair texture.
How to Use Rose Water for Skin:
- Rose water for Eyes to Reduce Eye Puffiness:
Rose water is very gentle and soothing on skin and can be safely used on eyes. Keep a bottle of rose water in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Dip some cotton pads into the chilled rose water and put it on the eyes for few minutes. It will calm down the nerves around the eyes reducing puffiness and soothing the gentle under eye skin.
- Rose water as Face Mist:
Rose water is my best friend especially in summers. When nothing helps a few spritz of cold rose water can really help in calming down the sun burnt skin. Fill a spray bottle with rose water and keep it in refrigerator. Now every time you step into the house mist your face with Rose water. It will instantly freshen up the skin, naturally hydrating it and adding a beautiful radiant glow to the skin. Use this rose water face mist every time your skin needs a break.
- Rose water as Skin Toner:
Rose water makes a great skin toner. It tightens the pores and adds a natural glow to the skin. It has anti-ageing properties and with regular use rose water can help in preventing wrinkles too.
- Rose water as Makeup Setting Spray:
With Rose water as a finishing spray you can get rid of all the powderiness and enjoy a beautiful glowing skin with dewy finish. Just use it sparingly so that it doesn’t move the makeup. Rose water for face is perfect for dry skin in winters.
- Rose water as Skin Soother:
Rose water has antiseptic properties and has a soothing effect on skin. Use it on freshly shaved or waxed legs to calm down the irritated skin and enjoy its beautiful scent. Rose water for Skin works like a natural soother.
- Rose water as Makeup Remover / Facial Cleanser:
Rose water can work wonders when used as a Facial Cleanser. You can prepare DIY Rose Water Facial Cleanser by mixing Rose Water with Glycerin and essential Oils for dry skin or add few drops of lemon juice in rose water for Oily Skin. Apply it on face and wipe off with a cotton swab. It will deeply cleanse your skin and remove any dirt or makeup residue from your face.
- Rose water in Face pack for Oily Skin:
Rosewater is very good for oily skin as it controls oil secretion and maintain skin’s pH levels. Use Rose water for face by Mixing some rose water in fuller earth (multani mitti) and make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on face for around 20 minutes and then wash off with running water. This face pack will soak the excess oil from the skin and deeply cleanse the pores without over drying the skin. Perfect face pack for Oily Skin in Summers.
- Rose water for Glowing Skin:
Rose water has anti tanning properties and does a good job in bringing back the glow of the skin. Prepare an Anti-Tan face pack with Rose water by adding finely milled Gram flour, few drop of Lemon juice and mix it with rose water to make a smooth paste. Let this paste sit on your skin for 15-20 minutes and wash off. It will give you a clear complexion with a radiant glow.
- Rose Hair Mask For Dry and Frizzy Hair:
Prepare the Hair mask for dry and frizzy hair by mixing rose water and aloe vera gel in equal proportions. Add Olive Oil or Glycerin for extra nourishment. Apply this mixture on scalp and massage gently for few minutes. Let it sit for around 30-40 minutes. Rinse off with your regular shampoo. This pack will nourish the scalp and make hair smooth and frizz-free.
- Rose Hair Rinse for Dull hair:
Rose water works on improving the hair quality as well. After shampooing your hair, take one cup of rosewater and use this as a final rinse on your hair. It will not only condition your hair but will also add a beauty shine to your hairs. Also, you can enjoy the mild rosy scent whole day in your hair.
Using fresh rose petals is the best but it can be a tedious job to grab them every time you want to use roses in your skincare regime. And, rose water is an easily available alternate. Dabur Gulabari is one of most easily available rose water that you can use and reap these benefits for your skin. Dabur works on ‘Science based Ayurveda’ you can check Dabur’s Official Website , Dabur.com for more. I hope the beauty benefits of Rose water listed here are enough to make you grab your first bottle of rose water pretty soon!
Have you used Rose water in your Skincare Regime? Which is your favorite way of using Rose water?
PS: I do not claim the ownership of images used here